kylegood1288

Game crash after rage tries to bring up game window

So I don't know whats going on. I know I'm probably gonna get yelled at for asking for help, but I don't know what else to do.

I installed GTA 5 on my brand new computer and it works fine. I then installed LSPDFR and the new Rage Hook. I try to start up from rage hook both from administrator and regular and it runs through the rage start until it gets to the part where it wants to launch the game window and it crashes out. Not a rage crash but more of a windows crash.

I have tried older rage hooks, script hook 5, script hook dot net, disabling the directx thing in rage hook at startup, Albo common thing, Albos trouble shooter (gives no errors), installed rage native U... I dont know what else to do to get this to work.

Everything worked fine on my old computer which was an acer that the keyboard locked up on. My friend has the exact same laptop as i do and all his stuff works fine. Does anyone have any tips?

Albo's troubleshooter only works for LSPDFR.

Albo's common thing is only for Albo's mods.

Scripthook (V and dot net) are required for all scripts/plugins, including LSPDFR. Installing them if you do not have scripts or plugins is not going to do anything.

Do you have a mods folder?

No, I haven't made it that far yet. All I installed was LSPDFR and RageHook originally. When I run Rage Hook either as admin or regular, it goes through its beginning stuff until it gets to loading game window. Then it says quickly "hook assistance" and then "enjoy", then it has a pop up that says gta 5 has stopped working and windows is searching for a problem. Then it says that a problem caused a problem in the program and windows cant find a solution. I don't what else to do or what I'm doing wrong.

I really don't want to re-install gta5 because it takes 18 hours. I didn't have any issues with installation. It downloaded the full 64 Gigs just fine. And like I said, the game plays fine without LSPDFR or rage hook.

I couldn't figure out how to edit the last post. I am attaching photos of my game directory. I have nothing in my plugins, the only things I have installed is LSPDFR 0.3.1 and Rage Hook 45.

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

Screenshot (4).png

These are the last things I see before it crashes. Sorry for the multi-posts, but I just figured out how to screenshot and I guess if you wait a while you can't go back to edit your last posts. I don't see an edit button anywhere. I saw one as soon as I post, but If I figure stuff out later then try to edit, I can't.

Screenshot (7).png

Screenshot (8).png

Screenshot (5).png

Yes I have and it said that it was all there. I gave up and I am reinstalling GTA 5. I don't know what else to do. Do you think it could have been my antivirus not allowing it to work or something?

31 minutes ago, kylegood1288 said:

Yes I have and it said that it was all there. I gave up and I am reinstalling GTA 5. I don't know what else to do. Do you think it could have been my antivirus not allowing it to work or something?

what antivirus do you use? because if you use norton please dump that and get avast! or something that is better.

I was using AVG, but I just uninstalled it. I tried LSPDFR this morning after the uninstall of avg and reinstall of gta 5 and it works! I guess AVG must have been blocking something.