SkylineGTRFreak

[REL]LA County Fire S-70A Firehawk

-OP edited from WIP to REL-

The S-70A Firehawk mod made to depict the Firehawks used by the LA County Fire Department. These Black Hawk versions have watertanks at the bottom to release water payload over big fires ina reas such as forests.

The mod features a controllable searchlight, the ability to release water, an extendable water pump hose, openable slide doors, full LODs and col meshes, a detailed cockpit and working gauges.

Download the mod:

GTA5%202016-08-29%2020-33-26-66.jpg

Edited by SkylineGTRFreak
Captain14 and Officer27 like this

2 hours ago, SkylineGTRFreak said:

Something I wanted to do for a while now, should soon be finished. It's an S-70A Firehawk used by the LA County Fire to fight forest fires. It's based on the UH-60 Black Hawk with most visible changes being the water tank at the bottom and the higher suspension of the landing gear. I actually wanted to have it finished this weekend, but due to some circumstances that wasn't possible... The helicopter mod is not just cosmetic, but also able to spray water out of the tank. 

What's left to do?

-Finish the water tank with details

-Make the elevated suspension

-Remove frame inside the front door windows

-Some texture work

Here's a quick pic and I will post more once it's ingame.

firehawk.jpg

What upcoming projects do you have? Also, is the AS350 on the list as well? Someone has made one, but it's a poor model, a high quality air unit is missing :whistling:

Actually, apparently the new ones are called Airbus H125's. They're replacing the current AS350 helicopters (don't ask me what the difference is, they look virtually the same). I'm guessing it's the an avionics upgrade and a new glass cockpit. 

Officer27 and officerAMR like this

6 hours ago, SeaHawk14 said:

What upcoming projects do you have? Also, is the AS350 on the list as well? Someone has made one, but it's a poor model, a high quality air unit is missing :whistling:

Actually, apparently the new ones are called Airbus H125's. They're replacing the current AS350 helicopters (don't ask me what the difference is, they look virtually the same). I'm guessing it's the an avionics upgrade and a new glass cockpit. 

AS350 in high quality... Like this? http://www.gta4-mods.com/vehicles/as350-ecureuil-11-f21825 :P Yea, I can do that. But I can't tell you when. Perhaps some time this month...

Firehawk is almost finished :) Water does work and it also has a searchlight which rotates with the camera, so you can aim it where you want.

GTA5%202016-08-29%2020-33-26-66.jpg

GTA5%202016-08-29%2020-26-49-44.jpg

GTA5%202016-08-29%2020-32-53-67.jpg

GTA5%202016-08-29%2020-28-27-94.jpg

GTA5%202016-08-29%2020-27-32-12.jpg

Officer27 likes this

LAPD and LASD use the AS350, if you do make it will the template be simple? like normal vehicle templates? since I've seen the templates for other helicopters and they had helicopter parts and stuff in the template which made it really hard to make a skin, oh and would the animated spotlight also work on that?

wow, thats so accurate!

LA-County-Firehawk.jpg

oh and the front view,

Capture.PNG

Edited by Officer27
SkylineGTRFreak likes this

7 minutes ago, Officer27 said:

LAPD and LASD use the AS350, if you do make it will the template be simple? like normal vehicle templates? since I've seen the templates for other helicopters and they had helicopter parts and stuff in the template which made it really hard to make a skin, oh and would the animated spotlight also work on that?

wow, thats so accurate!

-snip-

well, the tank is not like the one in real life... I mean, I modelled it after the real thing, but when looking closer you'll notice differences. But imo it's okay :D

As for the AS-350: Spotlight would probably work. The template thing is difficult though. The problem is that it's mapped to fit all those bolted/detailed parts. It could be unwrapped to a "normal" template, but it'd lose all detail.

Officer27 likes this

20 minutes ago, SkylineGTRFreak said:

well, the tank is not like the one in real life... I mean, I modelled it after the real thing, but when looking closer you'll notice differences. But imo it's okay :D

As for the AS-350: Spotlight would probably work. The template thing is difficult though. The problem is that it's mapped to fit all those bolted/detailed parts. It could be unwrapped to a "normal" template, but it'd lose all detail.

oh i see, would it be possible for you to make the LAPD and LASD skins? if its too much it doesn't matter :) I'll atleast try :)

4 minutes ago, Officer27 said:

oh i see, would it be possible for you to make the LAPD and LASD skins? if its too much it doesn't matter :) I'll atleast try :)

I've already got LAPD and CHP, perhaps the LASD skin is already available as FSX repaint.

http://www.gta4-mods.com/vehicles/as350-ecureuil-f17888

Officer27 likes this

The spotlight doesn't seem to be moving with the camera it turns on but stays locked facing the up, i've installed it correctly and installed the version without the wipers

EDIT*, nvm it works when you turn the option to use spotlight in rescue mod v, it's so great! thanks for making this mod

Edited by Officer27

51 minutes ago, Officer27 said:

The spotlight doesn't seem to be moving with the camera it turns on but stays locked facing the up, i've installed it correctly and installed the version without the wipers

EDIT*, nvm it works when you turn the option to use spotlight in rescue mod v, it's so great! thanks for making this mod

so it works with the script or without it? Because I don't have any script and it works for me :/

This is weird, because I can't install this add on, when I intall it my game crash when I want to launch the game, and it is the same for all the add on dlc, exept the EUP, maybe @Alex_Ashfold have an awser ?? 

It's really anoying, because all your plane and heli are add on :/