Play3r2

why don't more people do default type vehicles?

They're mapped for a reason ya know? i personally hate having fords mixed in with vapids, or chevys mixed in with bravados, etc etc. i just really want more skins for default-type vehicles....

Edited by Play3r2
11john11 likes this

why do you mention me?
sidenote: i run lapd, lasd, us park ranger, lafd and chp, so i'd have to disagree.

Scuderio likes this

2 minutes ago, Starmix said:

why do you mention me?
sidenote: i run lapd, lasd, us park ranger, lafd and chp, so i'd have to disagree.

you mentioned in our steam chat that you agreed with me. i must have been mistaken. i'll remove it! :)

Never did, never will. I like me an all real setup :)

I'd also have to say the default vehicles have sort of reached the end of their usefulness, most of us have seen the same old cars since 2013 (or even 2008, for some of the GTA IV converts)

2 minutes ago, Starmix said:

Never did, never will. I like me an all real setup :)

i like me an all real setup too. but not when i'm driving a ford and the car i'm pulling over is a declasse or a vapid. you get my drift?

OHH! You mean the civilian vehicles?
I'm all for replacing them with real cars, but their all too high poly so bring down the FPS to a halt.
For now, until my GPU gets it's next upgrade, i'm good with the defaults, they don't bother me much as civ cars.

Me personally, I always do lore friendly setups (LSPD, LSSD, SAHP, ect) but I'll throw in real Fords, Chevy's, Dodge's. 

Why? Well, I've been playing GTAV since the day it came out on 360, then on the PS4, and now on the PC and I'm now super tired of the default models. Frankly, I think almost all of R*'s default cars are ugly. There are a few exceptions, the Albany Premiere (even though it's not in V) and the Sabre GT and a few others, but for the police vehicles, I think they look ugly compared to the real thing.

Plus, a lot of people make really nice models using the "real" vehicles. As for having those real vehicles mixed with the default ones for traffic, yeah it bugs me, but not enough to uninstall the cars.

Bottom line, people like what they like. When I played IV, I did get bored of real cars and went back to default ones for a while. So, people can like both.

Edited by MikoFiticus
Grammar.

3 minutes ago, MikoFiticus said:

Me personally, I always do lore friendly setups (LSPD, LSSD, SAHP, ect) but I'll throw in real Fords, Chevy's, Dodge's. 

Why? Well, I've been playing GTAV since the day it came out on 360, & now on the PS4, then on the PC and I'm now super tired of the default models. Frankly, I think almost all of R*'s default cars are ugly. There are a few exceptions, the Albany Premiere (even though it's not in V) and the Sabre GT and a few others, but for the police vehicles, I think they look ugly compared to the real thing.

Plus, a lot of people make really nice models using the "real" vehicles. As for having those real vehicles mixed with the default ones for traffic, yeah it bugs me, but not enough to uninstall the cars.

Bottom line, people like what they like. When I played IV, I did get bored of real cars and went back to default ones for a while. So, people can like both.

exactly.... people CAN like both, but on this site it feels like you're forced to like the real life cars, nobody makes the default cars.

11john11 likes this

Some people like to mix it up (as stated by @MikoFiticus), some prefer a more realistic load out.

Me personally I prefer more lore/stock game looking vehicles. For me I've always liked cars that fit in with the world of Los Santos.

But there's many opinions on this. :wink:

11john11 and LoneWolfSpecter like this

2 minutes ago, JAMJustin35 said:

Some people like to mix it up (as stated by @MikoFiticus), some prefer a more realistic load out.

Me personally I prefer more lore/stock game looking vehicles. For me I've always liked cars that fit in with the world of Los Santos.

But there's many opinions on this. :wink:

oh, can you link me to some good stock looking vehicles? i feel like i've got all of them on this site installed, but there's probably more! :D

I stopped using and modding real life cars because I think they just don't fit into the game at all, when I use/modify lore friendly vehicles now it just feels right to me, especially with LSPDFR for some reason.

I used to replace every car in GTA that spawned on the streets with real life ones back then by the way.

Edited by 11john11

2 minutes ago, Play3r2 said:

oh, can you link me to some good stock looking vehicles? i feel like i've got all of them on this site installed, but there's probably more! :D

I wish I could! Sadly I haven't dabbled into modding GTA V and have yet to look at all the awesome options we have here on the site for replacing stock cars with better ones. I'm sure if you look a little more you'll find some though!

2 minutes ago, JAMJustin35 said:

I wish I could! Sadly I haven't dabbled into modding GTA V and have yet to look at all the awesome options we have here on the site for replacing stock cars with better ones. I'm sure if you look a little more you'll find some though!

awesome! i've got mapped versions of all the default cars, so that really opens up options for liveries etc, and i'm thinking i might install some of @Yard1&@Lundy's default vehicles! i'll let you know

13 minutes ago, Play3r2 said:

exactly.... people CAN like both, but on this site it feels like you're forced to like the real life cars, nobody makes the default cars.

That's not necessarily true. Take a look at some of my models. A lot of them are lore. I don't plan on stopping, either. I still have some good ideas floating around.

2 minutes ago, Lundy said:

That's not necessarily true. Take a look at some of my models. A lot of them are lore. I don't plan on stopping, either. I still have some good ideas floating around.

i may have been exaggerating when i said nobody, and i am using a lot of yours, but there is still a massive inbalance between lore and real life models/textures

1 minute ago, Play3r2 said:

i may have been exaggerating when i said nobody, and i am using a lot of yours, but there is still a massive inbalance between lore and real life models/textures

Well yes. Being a majority of people don't want defaults, that's bound to be the outcome.

2 minutes ago, Lundy said:

Well yes. Being a majority of people don't want defaults, that's bound to be the outcome.

true, i can see that.

Well thanks for all your help anyway guys! i do love this community!

23 minutes ago, Play3r2 said:

if your using lundy's models use my light enhancement for his models *cough cough*

and my other model i made

26 minutes ago, Dbeehler73 said:

if your using lundy's models use my light enhancement for his models *cough cough*

and my other model i made

4 minutes ago, MikoFiticus said:

Some guys like Yard and Lundy make good models. Netman and Olanov also modify the defaults as well. They are all good options for default cars.

thanks guys!

because default cars are ugly...if you take the time to look theres a lot of low poly civilian cars which I always stick with not that high poly junk...I wish some people over at gta5mods would understand that not everyone has a nasa computer and theres no need to make them extremely high poly...I would love to see a low poly civilian car pack made to replace most if not all cars in v but that's not gunna happen

4 hours ago, Illusionyary said:

Because Ford Crown Victoria's are pretty.

They're very pretty. But not alongside staniers and fugitives etc. That is my entire point