Sign in to follow this  
AlexanderTheGreat

i5 4590 GTX 960 4gb And FPS Drops to 30 and below ?

quite confused because i use to run this game all plug ins and modded cars no problem at 60 fps.. but now.. barely get 45 if im lucky... Any suggestions? sorry if i have posted in the wrong forum. 

Have you downloaded anything new that can be isolated? Or perhaps are you running a very intensive program in the background?

Hey Alexander the great,

i have the same issue. i have a 3.9 Ghz CPU and a 4 Gb gaming graphics card and i barely run 30 fps. indeed around 40 if i'm lucky.

i tried some things to upgrade the framerate, or take a load of the CPU when i'm playing but no such luck. so yes please, update this if you find a fix. I will too...

Keep on patrolling for a safe(r) world

peace out

OC 

If you have recently installed any high-poly car. That could be the problem. I tried to install 72will's caprice which is 500k+ polygons and that took a real beating on my game and i'm running a i7-4770k GTX 970. But it usually fixes it if you remove any high-poly car if you have any.

Thanks, I will check it out but I have so many vehicles installed and so many add-ons that I hardly can remember which. well, good luck to me :thumbsup:

but now i remember, LSPDFR has always ran slower then GTAV only. also without installed vehicles and add-ons....hmmmm

Edited by Tony Koekelcoren

Due to Rockstar's increasing code protection, basic functions (such as the ones that stop officers from shooting at suspects) become more and more demanding, if you were to somehow run LSPDFR 0.3.1 on the first version of GTA V PC, it would probably be at 60FPS.
Modded cars can contribute to it but in my case at least, it seems that the game doesn't slow down much with mid/high poly cars.