dem impactz

How to properly create two gta v directory folders, one for modding and MP?

I seen people on youtube that do mod tutorials have two gta v directory folders, one for MP and one for modding single player

How do I do it since I want to safely mod my single player game without accidentally getting banned by rockstar?

If you open up gta 5 through rage plugin hook GTA online should be disabled already for this reason.

However if you wanted to do as they show you would need a vanilla version of the game. Then make a copy of it and paste it where you would like it and add all your mods to that file and it should be consider your SP one. Then the Vanilla one would be the original folder.

Hope I explained that pretty good.

2 minutes ago, Thero said:

If you open up gta 5 through rage plugin hook GTA online should be disabled already for this reason.

However if you wanted to do as they show you would need a vanilla version of the game. Then make a copy of it and paste it where you would like it and add all your mods to that file and it should be consider your SP one. Then the Vanilla one would be the original folder.

Hope I explained that pretty good.

I have a gta v vanilla folder backed up in my external HDD

So where would the copied version of gta v (the modded unvanilla one) be preferably?

Also how does Steam know which one to launch too?

You can place it where ever you would like. You don't launch a modded version of the game through steam. You go to the GTA folder and look for the rage plugin hook application and run it through that.

Edited by Thero

10 minutes ago, Thero said:

You can place it where ever you would like. You don't launch a modded version of the game through steam. You go to the GTA folder and look for the rage plugin hook application and run it through that.

But how about without ragepluginhook? 

That I'm not sure. I didn't think you could run the game with mods without Rage Plugin but I could be wrong.

1 minute ago, Thero said:

That I'm not sure. I didn't think you could run the game with mods without Rage Plugin but I could be wrong.

Well not all mods require rageplugin especially scripts

Aww okay.....Well I'm not sure then. Just guessing but maybe within the folder run the GTA V application and it should load the game files from within that folder then? It still wouldn't solve how STEAM would know which one you would want to run.

2 minutes ago, Thero said:

Aww okay.....Well I'm not sure then. Just guessing but maybe within the folder run the GTA V application and it should load the game files from within that folder then? It still wouldn't solve how STEAM would know which one you would want to run.

Well still confusing maybe someone else would know

9 minutes ago, J and E Vehicle Team said:

Just install the game again, but in a different location.

Or copy and paste your GTA somewhere else and delete all the mods.

How do you install the game again though?  

I already have a vanilla gta v backed up in my external HDD 

38 minutes ago, dem impactz said:

How do you install the game again though?  

I already have a vanilla gta v backed up in my external HDD 

so use the vanilla.

And install it again by doing it the same way you installed it in the first place.