Jump to content
dem impactz

How to properly create two gta v directory folders, one for modding and MP?

Recommended Posts

I seen people on youtube that do mod tutorials have two gta v directory folders, one for MP and one for modding single player

How do I do it since I want to safely mod my single player game without accidentally getting banned by rockstar?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you open up gta 5 through rage plugin hook GTA online should be disabled already for this reason.

 

However if you wanted to do as they show you would need a vanilla version of the game. Then make a copy of it and paste it where you would like it and add all your mods to that file and it should be consider your SP one. Then the Vanilla one would be the original folder.

Hope I explained that pretty good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Thero said:

If you open up gta 5 through rage plugin hook GTA online should be disabled already for this reason.

 

However if you wanted to do as they show you would need a vanilla version of the game. Then make a copy of it and paste it where you would like it and add all your mods to that file and it should be consider your SP one. Then the Vanilla one would be the original folder.

Hope I explained that pretty good.

I have a gta v vanilla folder backed up in my external HDD

So where would the copied version of gta v (the modded unvanilla one) be preferably?

Also how does Steam know which one to launch too?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can place it where ever you would like. You don't launch a modded version of the game through steam. You go to the GTA folder and look for the rage plugin hook application and run it through that.

Edited by Thero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Thero said:

You can place it where ever you would like. You don't launch a modded version of the game through steam. You go to the GTA folder and look for the rage plugin hook application and run it through that.

But how about without ragepluginhook? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That I'm not sure. I didn't think you could run the game with mods without Rage Plugin but I could be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Thero said:

That I'm not sure. I didn't think you could run the game with mods without Rage Plugin but I could be wrong.

Well not all mods require rageplugin especially scripts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aww okay.....Well I'm not sure then. Just guessing but maybe within the folder run the GTA V application and it should load the game files from within that folder then? It still wouldn't solve how STEAM would know which one you would want to run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Thero said:

Aww okay.....Well I'm not sure then. Just guessing but maybe within the folder run the GTA V application and it should load the game files from within that folder then? It still wouldn't solve how STEAM would know which one you would want to run.

Well still confusing maybe someone else would know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, J and E Vehicle Team said:

Just install the game again, but in a different location.

Or copy and paste your GTA somewhere else and delete all the mods.

How do you install the game again though?  

I already have a vanilla gta v backed up in my external HDD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, dem impactz said:

How do you install the game again though?  

I already have a vanilla gta v backed up in my external HDD 

so use the vanilla.

And install it again by doing it the same way you installed it in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×