stevenew95

[WIP] Seagrave Heavy Rescue (First Model)

Well ladies and gents...I have taken it upon myself, after time and time again, of watching these amazing models being released and also wanting to be involved in that side of the community, that i have decided to take on the challenge of modeling. It has all been self taught for me and I'm currently taking on a big first challenge especially with everything being self taught. So with that being said, i am going to need some help with some things, knowledge on modeling and 3ds max, support, comments, and helpful criticism. My first challenge is a Seagrave heavy rescue...yeah. Probably more than what i should have bargained for starting out but thats alright. Go big or go home. Without further ado, here she is! Thanks and let me know what yall think!

2016-08-03 (3).png

2016-08-03 (5).png

2016-08-03 (6).png

2016-08-03 (8).png

2016-08-03.png

Small Update: Made a few updates to the rescue. Added lights(possibly going to use already made quad flares if i can get ahold of some), compartment doors,  a few minor fixes and additions, and rails on the back. Will work on the pull down ladder on the top and compartments on the top as well. Then on to interior i believe. Thanks everyone. Also, if anyone is willing to let me use some mini lightbars for the front that would be great. I figured since there has already been lightbars releases, i dont think i need to waste time on making them again especially when mine dont look that great right now.

2016-08-04 (1).png

2016-08-04.png

Edited by stevenew95

UPDATE: Added the top compartments and ladder to the truck. All that seems to be pending now is the interior design which i am going to need help with(and wheels obviously).(PM me or comment if available) Also would like someone experienced to look over the truck for small mistakes and such. Hopefully more updates to come soon such as paint and  better lights!

2016-08-06 (1).png

2016-08-06 (2).png

2016-08-06.png

Officer27, Jurr, rms8723 and 1 other like this

Check out this video theres a Rescue box truck at 2:20, very high detailed, you can get the game as a demo for free and have all the vehicles but the sirens are only available on the preorder version but the demo still has togglable lights,

http://flipswitchgames.net

Funny enough I've already pre ordered that game and have the Felix version! 

1 hour ago, Officer27 said:

Check out this video theres a Rescue box truck at 2:20, very high detailed, you can get the game as a demo for free and have all the vehicles but the sirens are only available on the preorder version but the demo still has togglable lights,

http://flipswitchgames.net

Officer27 and rms8723 like this

This is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think many in the community have lost hope we would see serious fire models, nothing too substantial has really materialized, so it is great to see a project is in the works! Happy to help texture once you have a template and/or test. I'm a textures guy and know nothing about modeling but in regards to wheels and the interior, is it possible for you to use the ones from big rigs and/or the "firetruk" model in GTAV? Apologies if that's a stupid question/suggestion.  Glitchgamer posted this is the dev parts section, maybe those can be used?

On 8/13/2016 at 5:08 AM, rms8723 said:

This is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think many in the community have lost hope we would see serious fire models, nothing too substantial has really materialized, so it is great to see a project is in the works! Happy to help texture once you have a template and/or test. I'm a textures guy and know nothing about modeling but in regards to wheels and the interior, is it possible for you to use the ones from big rigs and/or the "firetruk" model in GTAV? Apologies if that's a stupid question/suggestion.  Glitchgamer posted this is the dev parts section, maybe those can be used?

Thanks man! I will take a look at it and see if i can salvage any parts. The main issue currently is just the seats. They are a little harder to make! I will let you know if i need anything from you. In the mean time, stick around to check on updates!

rms8723 likes this

I should have given you a link so you could get an idea of textures I've done.  I haven't released anything (due to time, I'm a grad student, and permissions for textures I've adapted) but here's a link to an album I posted for Glitch Gamer's ladder truck that I made from scratch in Photoshop.  For the rescue, I'm thinking for liveries there could be Los Santos City Fire (LAFD based), LS County Fire (LACoFD based), Blaine County (Ventura County Fire based), and I think it would be really awesome to do an LSPD and LSSD EOD rig just by changing the lightbar colors.  I'm happy to help with any and all of these to help with the release.  I'm also good with meta files (carvariations, vehicles, etc.) and have been following and tinkering with lights now that we can edit carcols, so I can also help with that.  Sorry if I sound desperate/annoying, I'm just really enthusiastic about having a high quality fire rig. Can't wait for the updates.

Okay so, im trying to figure out Zmod 3. Its a bit different than Zmod 3 and 3ds. Im looking at the tiller and would like to take the seats and possibly console out of it but i honestly cant remember how to use this program and how to convert it over to 3ds. Anyone?

Edited by stevenew95

18 hours ago, stevenew95 said:

Okay so, im trying to figure out Zmod 3. Its a bit different than Zmod 3 and 3ds. Im looking at the tiller and would like to take the seats and possibly console out of it but i honestly cant remember how to use this program and how to convert it over to 3ds. Anyone?

To export objects from Zmodeler to 3DS Max, its best you detach whatever you wish to export and delete the rest of the scene. From there, Export as a .obj file and then re-import into 3DS Max using the same scale.

Officer27 likes this

Okay awesome. I just have to get used to using zmod 3. So used to 3ds I can hardly remeber what to do on zmod. Even the basic things 

If you're still looking for Quadraflares, PimDSLR modified generic GTA V ones for his medics and engine. Hope this is helpful. 

On 8/15/2016 at 6:18 PM, rms8723 said:

If you're still looking for Quadraflares, PimDSLR modified generic GTA V ones for his medics and engine. Hope this is helpful. 

Thanks man. I dont know if it is unlocked or not and id still need his permission. Im not quite to that stage yet but i am getting close. Update coming REALLY soon

11 minutes ago, OfficerFive0 said:

once you are ready for it ingame, hmu i can set u up with some good lightz

Fantastic. I will be sure to let you know!

UPDATE: FINALLY! Got some of the interior going. Added the seats, modified the console, added a storage cloest in the cab (ex: med supplies), modified the front of the cab some to add another set of emergency lights, a compartment in the bumper, and tow hitches on the front. To the point i am at now, i think i should be good to start with the smaller things such as steering wheel, some smaller asthetics and look enhancement items, etc...and also tires! The dreaded tires...Then on to seperating the model to get it ready for GTA V, converting to Zmod, and lastly mapping! Hope you all enjoy. 

Note: This model is in very early stages(obviously) and does not reflect the final product. Once mapped and painted, it will look like a completely new truck so hang tight!

2016-08-17 (2).png

2016-08-17 (3).png

2016-08-17 (4).png

2016-08-17.png

2016-08-17 (1).png

1 hour ago, stevenew95 said:

UPDATE: FINALLY! Got some of the interior going. Added the seats, modified the console, added a storage cloest in the cab (ex: med supplies), modified the front of the cab some to add another set of emergency lights, a compartment in the bumper, and tow hitches on the front. To the point i am at now, i think i should be good to start with the smaller things such as steering wheel, some smaller asthetics and look enhancement items, etc...and also tires! The dreaded tires...Then on to seperating the model to get it ready for GTA V, converting to Zmod, and lastly mapping! Hope you all enjoy. 

Note: This model is in very early stages(obviously) and does not reflect the final product. Once mapped and painted, it will look like a completely new truck so hang tight!

2016-08-17 (2).png

2016-08-17 (3).png

2016-08-17 (4).png

2016-08-17.png

2016-08-17 (1).png

Looks really damn good so far, keep it up! I know it's quite far from finished but would you consider two versions? One for a police rescue/SWAT and the Fire you are currently doing? Completely up to you though!

@HankVoight Seeing as though I have gotten a lot of requests for a SWAT version as well, I think I will do it. I will finish the fire version first and then do the SWAT truck. Mostly would just need to modify the top of it. I will look into after after this part is done! 

HankVoight likes this

8 minutes ago, HankVoight said:

Looks really damn good so far, keep it up! I know it's quite far from finished but would you consider two versions? One for a police rescue/SWAT and the Fire you are currently doing? Completely up to you though!

i think youre thinking of a mack truck. ive never seen a seagrave police truck