Sign in to follow this  
Bircher

Grand Theft Auto 5 has stopped working

Hey everyone, I just built my new PC and I reinstalled GTA5. My old PC wasn't powerful enough to run it so I only dabbled in GTA5 on the consoles. I downloaded GTA5, played for a bit and then decided I wanted to drop some mods onto it. One of the first mods I wanted was LSPDFR. I installed the latest version and RPH version .42 (I discovered .43 was not compatible). I dragged all the LSPDFR files (except licenses) into my GTA5 directory and then did the same process with RPH42. I launched the game via RPH and enabled LSPDFR plugin. I saved and launched the game and it loads to a black screen and says "Grand Theft Auto V has stopped working".

I read some guides which recommended launching GTA5 via steam and then alt-tabbing and loading RPH. That didn't work.
I reinstalled GTA5 and repeated all the steps over. That didn't work.
I tried launching RPH normally and as administrator. That didn't work. 

I'm at an end here and I don't particularly know what to do. I am running windows 10 if that makes a difference. 

EDIT: I am on the steam version.

Edited by Bircher

14 minutes ago, J and E Vehicle Team said:

Do you have a mods folder?

Nope, do I make one and just name it mods?

15 hours ago, Bircher said:

Nope, do I make one and just name it mods?

No, I was going to say that if you had a mods folder, you probably did not install a vehicle correctly and that was causing the crash.

But if you want a mods folder, just call it mods.