Psssst. We thought it'd be fun to share the winter-defying warmth of our meltingly cute snowman, so we stuck him on a t-shirt!

Want one? You can order this limited edition shirt now at Spreadshirt (US), or Redbubble

Sign in to follow this  
Gabz

Help! LSPDFR/Ragehook doesn't work at all..

Hello.

I just installed GTA V on Steam, and then installed LSPDFR and the latest Ragehook (0.43.977.9059) following all the instructions posted by the creators as well as everyone else, and it won't work at all. I double click RAGEPluginHook.exe, and it seems to load for half a second and NOTHING happens. No Ragehook window or box pops up or anything. I tried reinstalling everything 3-4 times now. I'm using a copied GTA V folder and have tried to make new copies as well. And yes, I change the folder name to the original steamfolder-name. I also tried launching the game first and then Ragehook afterwards, but same story, nothing happens at all. 

Any ideas? I'm gonna throw the fucking computer out the window in anger soon.. I bought the thing just to play this.

15 minutes ago, Gabz said:

Hello.

I just installed GTA V on Steam, and then installed LSPDFR and the latest Ragehook (0.43.977.9059) following all the instructions posted by the creators as well as everyone else, and it won't work at all. I double click RAGEPluginHook.exe, and it seems to load for half a second and NOTHING happens. No Ragehook window or box pops up or anything. I tried reinstalling everything 3-4 times now. I'm using a copied GTA V folder and have tried to make new copies as well. And yes, I change the folder name to the original steamfolder-name. I also tried launching the game first and then Ragehook afterwards, but same story, nothing happens at all. 

Any ideas? I'm gonna throw the fucking computer out the window in anger soon.. I bought the thing just to play this.

First, downgrade to Rage .42. .43 is really buggy.

Second, try using the uncopied folder.

Thanks for the tip! I found out that I need these:

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6, or higher.

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64)

Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 (x64)

So I'll try to install those first and then see if it still won't launch. I don't want to mess with the uncopied folder in case I don't know which files to uninstall if it goes wrong..