Matthewcl375

GTA stuttering after an hour of play

After roughly an hour playing LSPDFR my GTA starts stuttering meaning when I am driving if I look at the road I can see a slight stuttering as I'm moving. I don't know what causes it as I optimize my RAM often (using RamRush) while playing to keep a large amount available, and monitor my VRAM usage. I have a fixed 4GB of virtual memory allocated through Windows. If I restart the game its fixed.

Intel i7 5500U

Radeon R7 M260 2GB GDDR3

8GB RAM

Windows 8.1

Thanks for any help!

I had the same problem, it seems to be a CPU issue (I could be wrong, I'm not a computer genius)

I have a I7 3770K @ 3.50

Nvidia GTX 970 4GB

16GB RAM

Windows 10

I had most everything turned to very high - ultra, except for the Advanced Graphics settings, and i fixed the problem for me by lowering some more CPU intensive settings from very high to high. Doing this didn't change the graphics noticeably at all but it fixed the stuttering, and it could probably fix your stuttering also. If you can't figure out what to lower message me and i'll try to find the exact settings I changed.

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately everything is already set to Low as I'm playing on a laptop which isn't the most amazing but is decent for GTA

Try this the next time you play, once the stuttering starts, open RagePluginHook's command console and type UnloadAllPlugins, and then LoadAllPlugins. (or just ReloadAllPlugins). This will unload all the plugins and then reload them. Doing this should fix your problem for around another hour until it starts to stutter again, then just reload the plugins again. That is what I used to do before I thought to reduce a few settings.

3 hours ago, Obriant1929 said:

Try this the next time you play, once the stuttering starts, open RagePluginHook's command console and type UnloadAllPlugins, and then LoadAllPlugins. (or just ReloadAllPlugins). This will unload all the plugins and then reload them. Doing this should fix your problem for around another hour until it starts to stutter again, then just reload the plugins again. That is what I used to do before I thought to reduce a few settings.

This is posted in the LCPDFR section, not LSPDFR. 

2 minutes ago, Matthewcl375 said:

Yeah this is about GTA 5

You've posted in the wrong section then. I'll move it for you. 

http://i.imgur.com/I0B5P1Y.png

This topic has been moved to the appropriate forum. Please post in the correct location in the future.