Sign in to follow this  
RexCramer

Realistic one slot LAPD/LSPD CVPI?

I've seen some really realistic & beautiful LAPD & LSPD cvpi's getting released lately, most of them being specific variants that take up one slot. Since I treat slots like prime real estate just curious if anyone has been planning on doing multiple LAPD/LSPD cvpi variants for one police slot? Ex. slicktop, standard cruiser, K9, gang unit, ANPR, no ANPR, hubcaps, steelies, even Arjent, MX7000's. I understand there are limitations especially with MX7000's typically being on older cvpi models for example, but I don't think I'm alone in hoping for plenty of cruiser variation from one police slot.  

5 hours ago, RexCramer said:

I've seen some really realistic & beautiful LAPD & LSPD cvpi's getting released lately, most of them being specific variants that take up one slot. Since I treat slots like prime real estate just curious if anyone has been planning on doing multiple LAPD/LSPD cvpi variants for one police slot? Ex. slicktop, standard cruiser, K9, gang unit, ANPR, no ANPR, hubcaps, steelies, even Arjent, MX7000's. I understand there are limitations especially with MX7000's typically being on older cvpi models for example, but I don't think I'm alone in hoping for plenty of cruiser variation from one police slot.  

This would be rather impossible to do between siren limits, model years, making hubcaps/steelies spawn normally, and making the car low poly so it doesn't crash GTA.  You're best bet is to either just deal with using multiple cvpis, or just choosing which cvpi you can live with using at the time.  The only car that semi fulfills your request is this car https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/1999-ford-crown-victoria-lapd

I quite like this idea, I'd love to actually see an LAPD K-9 vehicle to put the K-9 skins to use. Even it was simple and just had a cage in the back I'd be mighty happy.

1 hour ago, steinberg4145 said:

This would be rather impossible to do between siren limits, model years, making hubcaps/steelies spawn normally, and making the car low poly so it doesn't crash GTA.  You're best bet is to either just deal with using multiple cvpis, or just choosing which cvpi you can live with using at the time.  The only car that semi fulfills your request is this car https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/1999-ford-crown-victoria-lapd

Thanks for the info, I wasn't sure how feasible my idea was for modders. I saw EVI is working on a pack that's suppose to have tons of lapd cvpi variants in one slot and I guess I wasn't sure to what extent other modders would try to do the same, but as you pointed out I'm sure an ungodly huge amount of work is involved with making a pack like that.

1 hour ago, steinberg4145 said:

His car is one of the reasons why I did mine. :D

https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/2006-ford-crown-victoria-los-angeles-police

His is um... Well it's definitely not 1999.

1 hour ago, Lundy said:

Yea I know that, but it's the closest he can get to a "multi-purpose" LAPD cvpi since its a slicktop and normal marked car all in one.

1 hour ago, RexCramer said:

Thanks for the info, I wasn't sure how feasible my idea was for modders. I saw EVI is working on a pack that's suppose to have tons of lapd cvpi variants in one slot and I guess I wasn't sure to what extent other modders would try to do the same, but as you pointed out I'm sure an ungodly huge amount of work is involved with making a pack like that.

The thing about EVI's car is that it seems to be all one model year CVPI so it wouldn't make sense if it had both a mx-7000 and an arjent ect...

22 minutes ago, steinberg4145 said:

Yea I know that, but it's the closest he can get to a "multi-purpose" LAPD cvpi since its a slicktop and normal marked car all in one.

Well, it's not very proper to have a slicktop and marked in one. Slicktop cruisers are "special" units. Usually bearing the trunk number (42?). You can always add a police slot and set it spawning in traffic.

2 minutes ago, Lundy said:

Well, it's not very proper to have a slicktop and marked in one. Slicktop cruisers are "special" units. Usually bearing the trunk number (42?). You can always add a police slot and set it spawning in traffic.

Every station has slicktops, I see them drive around all the time.  I think supervisors, patrol sgt., and narc officers drive slicktops. I will personally be switching over to your cvpi.

1 minute ago, steinberg4145 said:

Every station has slicktops, I see them drive around all the time.  I think supervisors, patrol sgt., and narc officers drive slicktops. I will personally be switching over to your cvpi.

Yes, they're very common. It's just I wouldn't be able to do a proper variation just with spawning extras. The livery would have to be changed, too.

15 hours ago, steinberg4145 said:

The thing about EVI's car is that it seems to be all one model year CVPI so it wouldn't make sense if it had both a mx-7000 and an arjent ect...

Good point, although he does a really good job at making them look like all different years, the unmarked vic's with chrome grilles, bomb detection K9 with the old hubcaps & standard arjent vic's with hubcaps & steelies. Of course this is based on nothing more than screenshots, if it's publicly released we'll know for sure. 

17 hours ago, Lundy said:

YES! I installed your model last night, I was so happy someone finally made a replica LAPD cvpi with anpr mounts. I love it man, keep up the good work!!

No MX7000 due to limitations. At the present moment I have 4 lighting setups, to which I will reveal later. Unsure at this point if I will release older style hubcaps, or perhaps do a similar setup in the future with the older CVPI.

That particular model will span roughly from 2006 to 2011 with only certain setups using the 2009+ trim. There's been an overhaul of the base model. Planning on an update sometime and more information will trickle down in the coming weeks.

Edited by EVI
RexCramer likes this

On 8/3/2016 at 5:13 PM, EVI said:

No MX7000 due to limitations. At the present moment I have 4 lighting setups, to which I will reveal later. Unsure at this point if I will release older style hubcaps, or perhaps do a similar setup in the future with the older CVPI.

That particular model will span roughly from 2006 to 2011 with only certain setups using the 2009+ trim. There's been an overhaul of the base model. Planning on an update sometime and more information will trickle down in the coming weeks.

Sorry for such a late response, I didn't see the notification for a reply. Thanks so much for the info man, looking forward for the update