Minnow

Problem with Rage Plugin Hook

Hello, i have a problem. I have Rage Plugin Hook Error with this text: Could not hook game process. Insufficient permissions or bad anti-virus. I have original version, and new update Game/Plugin Hook. I off a anty virus, and firewall. I reinstall the game, and unistall the lspdfr and Rage Plugin Hook, but i't doesn't work. Please help me.

I run on administrator, but it's dosen't work. Help me please!

Edited by Minnow

What I did worked for me it's going to sound crazy but you need to go into your GTA V folder under steam on your pc and go to where scripthook is and remove the file scripthook.dll and one other file which I can't remember. Also to prevent GTA V from updating simply put steam into offline mode YOU definetely want to remove ScripthookV.dll and possibly dinput8.dll which unfortunatly once you do and run the game you won't be able to use trainers or script mods but LSDPFR will work. Another thing you can try doing is running Rage by going into Rage settings and going to advanced settings and hitting Disable directx hook. Also make sure your plugins are loaded. Good luck

I believe there is a script hook compatability issue also I downloaded a different lua file from GTA  5 mods https://www.gta5-mods.com/tools/lua-plugin-for-script-hook-v

I'm gonna go ahead and post because a lot of people are having the same issues I was having and it had nothing to do with removing stuff or non-compatibility in terms of the patch. So LSPDFR is made to work with Scripthook V and RageHook Plugin v 41.9 with the latest 791 Patch. Originally I thought, shoot, this isn't working, I'll patch back. I got locked out by Social Club and did not want to do everything everyone was saying because it was putting my computer at tons of risk (i.e. disabling video card and removing anti-virus to make installs for the .dll file). i was watching a youtuber and he was using a 7 patch with a 40+ ragehook plugin, so I was like, this has gotta work. This is what happened-

When you download Ragehook, you need to download version 41.9 or later, earlier versions do not support the current patch. Scripthook V works fine, there is nothing wrong with the communication between the two as long as you execute in the proper order. Download Ragehook, and Download both things from Scripthook V that you need. Put them into your GTAV home folder like everything else. THIS IS WHERE IT GETS MESSED UP FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE. When you download and run LSPDFR, it will install an OUTDATED Ragehook plugin version 36. You need to find your .rar file for Ragehook and REPLACE THIS WITH THE 41.9 VERSION AGAIN. Otherwise it will constantly crash and tell you that it's incompatible. Complete the LSPDFR installation once the 36 version has been replaced with 41. NOW- if you run this as is, it will likely tell you to 1. Play GTA using the PLAYGTAV.exe. THIS IS A FIREWALL error. This means you DO have to disable your real-time Defender protection and leave it off while you play. Unfortunate but necessary. If you start Ragehook.exe and your game crashes, this is a compatibility issue and means all you have to do is START GTA FIRST using the Launcher as an Administrator. DO NOT USE GTA5.exe. Right click on the launcher and use it as Admin. Once the Rockstar LOADING SCREEN comes up with the stars, ALT+TAB out and Run your Ragehook 41.9 as an ADMIN. MAKE SURE your plugin for LSPDFR is highlighted in the plugins section before you click save and launch the first time. 

It should load Ragehook perfectly fine and then you ALT+TAB back into the game and it should have loaded and you should be able to go to a police station and see a badge and work for them. Please let me know if this helped. This is ONLY for people who are using patch 791, and Ragehook 40+.

Also, if anyone needs proof that this works perfectly fine on 791 with the 41.9 patch and SH V then I can take screenshots or make a video, but it's way easier than everyone is making it out to seem.

ConstableMatt likes this

Minnow, just remember, when you run Ragehook 41.9, it will tell you there is a new version available, wait and click the "Continue without updating" one.