Ravalli

MTL Flatbed TowTruck request/idea

Since playing LSPDFR, I haven't found a good towtruck. I was wondering if someone could turn the MTL Flatbed into a towtruck for AI. I've never tried modding  before, but I would think adding a yellow caution light bar and making it work in the towtruck slot is all that it really needs. Its just an idea. Thanks for your time.

pic is from igta5.com

flatbedf.jpg

I've made one that I made a Template for. However I don't know how well the tow hook and everything would look on the body because basically I would have to take the tow trucks hook components and have to stretch them so that they look proper on where the flat bed is on the truck.

I could possibly take the front half of the truck and kind of "CHOP" it off minus the back half and attach it to the tow truck that way. But that might look a little weird to.

If you just don't like the look of the current tow truck in that download as well I have a non rusted version of the tow truck as well. Its not the MTL but at least it isn't rusted out.

If you really want the MTL I could take a look at it and see how it looks. Let me know.

Heres where you can find the template model I have already as well as the non rusted version of the regular tow truck:

https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/air-port-service-and-service-vehicles-template-pack#comment-600104

I don't know what template means,  other then allowing skins,  in the moding world,  so bare with me. 

I don't think it would need a hook as it could only be used for the AI which it would only need to auto spawn, just like the current way tow service works using police radio and traffic policer. 

I may be wrong,  but I don't think either of those 2 mods have a INI option to pick a custom tow truck (besides color) , so that's why it would have to replace the tow truck slot. 

Thanks for the reply and help with this project. 

Oh if your looking just to replace the tow truck you could just move the original flatbed out of the open iv location rename all of them to tow truck and move it back it. But I'm not sure if that would work or not

Oh okay. If you want I could take my template version of the flatbed truck and the template version of the tow truck from my template download file over on gta 5 mods and put the lights on the tow truck on the flatbed and it'll be template so you can paint it however you want. Would that be what your looking for?

4 hours ago, Thero said:

Oh okay. If you want I could take my template version of the flatbed truck and the template version of the tow truck from my template download file over on gta 5 mods and put the lights on the tow truck on the flatbed and it'll be template so you can paint it however you want. Would that be what your looking for?

Yep,  exactly 

That would be awesome 

Okay I got the truck and the lights working together however I don't know what you have to change in order for the truck to tow the vehicle right (the truck will pick up the car and throw it on the back behind the truck and drive off without the car on it).

Heres the model. If you ask and someone knows how to fix it and it involves doing something to the model itself let me know how and I'll fix it for you. :)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/m4gz9l6j3vw2b6c/Template_Flatbed_Tow_Truck_Lights.zip

Edited by Thero
Ravalli likes this

7 minutes ago, Thero said:

Okay I got the truck and the lights working together however I don't know what you have to change in order for the truck to tow the vehicle right (the truck will pick up the car and throw it on the back behind the truck and drive off without the car on it).

Heres the model. If you ask and someone knows how to fix it and it involves doing something to the model itself let me know how and I'll fix it for you. :)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/m4gz9l6j3vw2b6c/Template_Flatbed_Tow_Truck_Lights.zip

Thanks so much, I will research and see what I can come up with, THANKS!!!

Thero likes this

2 minutes ago, Atwood16 said:

I'm not part of this conversation but I really love when I see the community get together like this and help each other out, you're a good person @Thero we need more people like you :)

Thanks man. Appreciate the positive feedback!

aHandley217, Ravalli and Atwood16 like this

5 minutes ago, Ravalli said:

Just tested it out, its perfect. I did send a message to some who have made trucks before to see if there is a fix. 

Sounds good man. If they help you out let me know and i'll fix it from the model end if it needs it.

Any updates?

To recap, all we need is the regular stock MTL Flatbed with a yellow lightbar. That file link is no longer working so someone will have to repost it. Nothing fancy, no ELS, just stick a regular game lightbar on it. I've wanted this for ages now! I honestly don't even care if the tow part works, I just want this flatbed with a lightbar.