If i have a separate folder for SP with mods and one for MP without mods how does steam determine which folder to use out of the common folder? Really confused on how that works as im not trying to get banned accidentally online. Thanks.

The one named "Grand Theft Auto V" will always be the one used by Steam (and the RPH). In my opinion it's a lot easier to make a mods folder, and note which script files you put in your directory. Then it's a simple matter of cut 'n paste these files when you want to play online. Or write a script to do it. 

11 hours ago, ineseri said:

The one named "Grand Theft Auto V" will always be the one used by Steam (and the RPH). In my opinion it's a lot easier to make a mods folder, and note which script files you put in your directory. Then it's a simple matter of cut 'n paste these files when you want to play online. Or write a script to do it. 

Is it possible to have two different folders one in "common", named Grand theft Auto V (for SP with mods) that steam/rph uses, and then another folder named Grand Theft Auto V (for MP) on my desktop that i can switch out in "common"? Or would that not work? Thanks for the help.

37 minutes ago, Mattbravo said:

Is it possible to have two different folders one in "common", named Grand theft Auto V (for SP with mods) that steam/rph uses, and then another folder named Grand Theft Auto V (for MP) on my desktop that i can switch out in "common"? Or would that not work? Thanks for the help.

You can have one folder for MP (which must be named Grand Theft Auto V IIRC) and one for mods, but the RPH won't "see" it. Someone else might have different information though. But, as I said before; In my opinion it's a lot easier to make a mods folder, and note which script files you put in your directory. Then it's a simple matter of cut 'n paste these files when you want to play online. Or write a script to do it.