Aboud001

Cannot play lspdfr since the last update

Since the last update which was in early july, i couldnt play lspdfr. I am currently running the latest version of the game, lspsfr (0.3.1) and RPH (0.42). Everything is normal until "waiting for game window". As it enters the window, it says "GTA 5 has stopped working, windows will notify you with a solution if there is". I reinstalled the game twice already, trying previous versions of the game such as 757, using RPH 0.41. Im guessing the latest lspdfr is the problem. Please help me guys, if you want the log ill post it

Hello there - Welcome, and thanks for trying out LSPDFR. We require all members to read the provided ReadMe and User Documentation before getting support. Please keep in mind that this is a beta version of LSPDFR - we cannot guarantee that all issues have been resolved. 

You can find the user manual in your LSPDFR Download folder. If you still have questions after reading the User Documentation, review the LSPDFR FAQ; http://www.lcpdfr.com/forums/topic/51162-lspdfr-frequently-asked-questions/. 

Ensure you have a folder titled "LSPDFR" and "plugins" in your root directory. 

• The plugins folder should contain the following; 
    • LSPD First Response.dll
    • A folder titled "LSPDFR"

Ensure that you are running a supported version of LSPDFR. As of 2016-02-22 ONLY LSPDFR 0.3.1 is supported - No LSPDFR 0.2 plugins are supported for LSPDFR 0.3.1 unless otherwise stated

Make sure you have the latest version of the RagePluginHook (LSPDFR 0.3.1 includes RPH 36): http://ragepluginhook.net/ 

Please do so now and return to this topic when this is done and do the following;

• Give a clear, detailed description of the problem.
  • Explain any circumstances surrounding the problem.
  • State what solutions you have tried.
  • State which version of the game you're using (Steam or Retail)
  • Post the RagePluginHook.log in a spoiler tag (Please be courteous and only include the relevant information).
  • Include as much information as possible.
  • Post your system specifications. You need to meet the required system specifications for the mod to work properly. 
  • Post what other mods you are using. 
  • Post a screenshot of your GTA V Game directory. 
  • Ensure that you are using up to date versions of every LSPDFR dependency and LSPDFR itself.
  • Install these: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653 , https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679 

Failure to follow these instructions may result in topic closure. 

i tried all solutions before i even thought about asking in the forum. i asked a couple of youtubers, reviewed all LSPDFR documentations and instructions manuals, all the RPH documentations, surfed the FAQ, nothing is helping me. all the people who had issues and posted in the FAQ had files missing or installed LSPDFR incorrectly. since the last update, i couldnt play lspdfr. Although i installed the latest RPH, LSPDFR and game (version 791), i am still having the same issue. launching RPH is normal until it decides to crash as it enters the game window, a message popped up saying "GTA 5 has stopped working, windows will notify you with a solution if there is". the same thing occured everytime i try to run RPH. i installed everything correctly and accurately, making sure nothing is outdated. this happened only since the last update, before that, everything was perfect. im guessing it's something to do with the version of LSPDFR, which on the download page states that it was last updated June 10 (without a year). i reinstalled the game twice so far and verified them, but it still doesnt seem to work (i have the steam version)RagePluginHook_29072016_122027.log. my laptop specs are not a big deal but ill give it anyways: alienware 15", GTX 980M, 8VRAM, 16 GB RAM. i will attach screenshots of my game directory and the most previous RPH log. 

gta 5 game directory.pptx

One solution I would have is an older version of GTA V if you have a backup then you can revert to an older version you will have to revert your software as well such as Rage and Scripthook V

16 hours ago, ConstableMatt said:

One solution I would have is an older version of GTA V if you have a backup then you can revert to an older version you will have to revert your software as well such as Rage and Scripthook V

I dont have older versions backed up however i do have a version i got from online, version (757). Is there any way i could load previous versions of gta 5 ?

ConstableMatt likes this

I'm having the same issue. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that I'll just have to wait for another update and see if that helps. Don't know what else to do. 

11 hours ago, Markleroy said:

I'm having the same issue. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that I'll just have to wait for another update and see if that helps. Don't know what else to do. 

If you have a problem please make your own support thread. Chances are you are not having the exact same issue. And even if you are posting "I have the same issue" isn't helpful to anyone.

On 02/08/2016 at 9:16 PM, Aboud001 said:

I dont have older versions backed up however i do have a version i got from online, version (757). Is there any way i could load previous versions of gta 5 ?

To backup you have to copy the update files and the exe, or use the RPH backup system in place. If you haven't made a backup you cannot revert.

Regarding your issues, this is going to be laborious but it's necessary. Your RPH log file doesn't indicate any error, it doesn't get past checking the game version meaning it hasn't fully hooked. That's being interrupted by the game crashing as a result of something else.

I notice several other files, like ACSpatch.asi, scripthook, albo's common library, native trainer etc. I would suggest you do the following, which will be time consuming but will highlight the problem:

1) Uninstall GTA V
2) Once uninstalled, open the GTA V folder and delete any files that remain (these will be mods)
3) Install GTA V again
4) RUN GTA V. Don't install mods, make sure the game has had a chance to configure itself and load your account.
5) If the game has loaded fine, close it down and install RPH ONLY
6) Load the game again normally (DO NOT USE RPH EXE)
7) If the game loads fine, Alt + Tab to desktop and load the RPH exe (this will hook into the game now
8) Verify it works by trying to use the console
9) If it works install LSPDFR and verify that loads fine
10) repeat for each mod you have that requires RPHDo not load scripthook mods yet
11) Once you know all RPH mods you have are working. Repeat the above process for scripthook mods.

Are you modding cars (especially because of vehicles.meta) or other things of that sort (visual enhancements, dashcam, etc.)? If that's the case, make sure to also update your update.rpf file under mods>update. Whenever a new patch to the game changes that file it can be easily overlooked and it causes a conflict leading to a crash as you are about to enter the world.

That's the only thing I can think as it happened to me a couple of times and suddenly realized I forgot about this modded file.

Edited by DLM3

Yeah i do and im 100% sure thats not he case, though i will try the steps listed by the moderator, hope it works

On August 4, 2016 at 3:02 PM, LukeD said:

If you have a problem please make your own support thread. Chances are you are not having the exact same issue. And even if you are posting "I have the same issue" isn't helpful to anyone.

To backup you have to copy the update files and the exe, or use the RPH backup system in place. If you haven't made a backup you cannot revert.

Regarding your issues, this is going to be laborious but it's necessary. Your RPH log file doesn't indicate any error, it doesn't get past checking the game version meaning it hasn't fully hooked. That's being interrupted by the game crashing as a result of something else.

I notice several other files, like ACSpatch.asi, scripthook, albo's common library, native trainer etc. I would suggest you do the following, which will be time consuming but will highlight the problem:

1) Uninstall GTA V
2) Once uninstalled, open the GTA V folder and delete any files that remain (these will be mods)
3) Install GTA V again
4) RUN GTA V. Don't install mods, make sure the game has had a chance to configure itself and load your account.
5) If the game has loaded fine, close it down and install RPH ONLY
6) Load the game again normally (DO NOT USE RPH EXE)
7) If the game loads fine, Alt + Tab to desktop and load the RPH exe (this will hook into the game now
8) Verify it works by trying to use the console
9) If it works install LSPDFR and verify that loads fine
10) repeat for each mod you have that requires RPHDo not load scripthook mods yet
11) Once you know all RPH mods you have are working. Repeat the above process for scripthook mods.

Game crashed when i ALT+TAB to desktop and run RPH, so my issue is to do with RPH. How to resolve it?

I had the same prob, I have removed everything from GTAV and LSPDFR from pc. then I installed GTAV again,  then when it was ready I used PlayGTAV  then you see it is loading and installing all updates. when it was ready I played the game till the moment he is in his room. then I saved  the game and exit the game.

Now I installed the LSPDFR and the mods I like to use, take the newest one, then I installed RPH 0.42 because RPH 0.43 has some prob at the moment.

Then I start the game with RagePluginHook and at this moment I have no prob.

2 hours ago, Aboud001 said:

Game crashed when i ALT+TAB to desktop and run RPH, so my issue is to do with RPH. How to resolve it?

If the game crashes before you've ran RPH then RPH is NOT the fault, clearly. Your issue is something else with your game.

3 hours ago, Madmex said:

I had the same prob, I have removed everything from GTAV and LSPDFR from pc. then I installed GTAV again,  then when it was ready I used PlayGTAV  then you see it is loading and installing all updates. when it was ready I played the game till the moment he is in his room. then I saved  the game and exit the game.

Now I installed the LSPDFR and the mods I like to use, take the newest one, then I installed RPH 0.42 because RPH 0.43 has some prob at the moment.

Then I start the game with RagePluginHook and at this moment I have no prob.

Ill try it out :) thanks for the suggestion

3 hours ago, LukeD said:

If the game crashes before you've ran RPH then RPH is NOT the fault, clearly. Your issue is something else with your game.

Game crashes when I enter the game window (using RPH)

2 hours ago, Aboud001 said:

Ill try it out :) thanks for the suggestion

Game crashes when I enter the game window (using RPH)

Ah I see, my mistake.

4 hours ago, LukeD said:

Ah I see, my mistake.

So the only thing i can do and hopefully will work is wait until the next update?