xXAlduin99

Heavy FPS drop caused by Plugins?

Hello,

I have a question concerning performance and LSPDFR-Plugins.

If I play without LSPDFR, i have stable 60 FPS.

If I play with LSPDFR, without any plugins, I have 58-60 FPS. absolutely okay.

But if i play with LSPDFR-Plugins, especially Arrest Manager and Traffic Policer, the FPS drops to 30-40. And this is not okay, because its not stable and it switch constantly between this values. Its not a good feeling to play like that.

So my question is, is this normal? I have seen many youtubers who uses the same or more mods than I, and it looks like they have no FPS drops. I'm not sure. 

And if this Problem only shows up on my game, what can I do?

(Everything is up to date, Game, RPH, Plugins & Mods)

#Edit:

If i add every callout plugin, except Assorted Callouts, I still have 55-60 FPS. The plugins causing this problem are mainly from Albo 1125.

Edited by xXAlduin99
LAPDOfficerBraddock likes this

Same problem, I guess it's normal, 60 fps before I go on duty, 20-40 fps after I go on duty, playing with more than 3-4 plugins isn't really possible for me currently, I think I had this issue since LSPDFR 3.0 was released but I'm not sure, LSPDFR isn't really fun anymore, I hope it will be better when I upgrade my computer

I guess Albo's plugins cause so much lag because they are usually big ones that add many features.

Edited by 11john11

I play on very high with VisualV, my pc is good enough. So I think, if you upgrade your PC, nothing will be changed.

Albo's Plugins are must haves. I totally understand you. The Fun is gone. :(

I think, the guilty persons are not the LSPDFR-Team, not Albo, its Rockstar Games. They add crap code everytime when they publish one of this becoming more stupid Online-DLC's. I hate Rockstar for that! Someone should teach them a lesson, stupid money eater. I'm sorry, but this is the truth!

and thanks for the reply, guys!

Edited by xXAlduin99

I experience the same. I get 45-55 fps with no plugins, but my fps shoots down to 20-30 once I go on duty. All the plugins to me are essential in their own ways, so it sucks that I need to remove them (especially the big ones like Albo's stuff) to get my usual framerate.

Yup. Can confirm. Even with an i7 6700, 16gb of ddr4 ram and a gtx 1070, i get 60+fps off duty, 40-60fps on duty. Sometimes drops to 30-35. It sucks, but what you gonna do...

If something like ELSV is coming out, the FPS will drop more and more.
Only because Rockstar don't like mods. Oh no, someone could have fun without this stupid shark card crap. Omg.

The modders have to find a way to avoid this limitations. I don't know if this is possible. But, if not, the fun is gone forever.

I mean, you can have the best mods and greatest Callouts and Plugins, you game can look so perfect, but if the FPS is dropping and you experience lags.. no fun anymore.. this makes me kinda sad.

My next round of updates should improve performance.

It seems like the latest GTAV update has caused some major lag issues with RPH in general for some people. I'm hoping it's something that can be fixed internally in future.

As for myself, I'm not getting any major lag and even while recording have 60fps. I'm on an Intel i5 and an amd 380 nitro.

Edited by Albo1125

21 minutes ago, Riley24 said:

Not to mention LSPDFR was last updated on June 10th. I think its safe to say we're due for an update. I've got an i7, 16gb RAM, and a 1070 and I get 30-45 fps on duty. 

In that case, there's probably something else going on behind the scenes as that's not normal behaviour.

Check if any background programs are running.

Please attach your RAGEPluginHook.log file.

56 minutes ago, Albo1125 said:

In that case, there's probably something else going on behind the scenes as that's not normal behaviour.

Check if any background programs are running.

Please attach your RAGEPluginHook.log file.

Ignore all the bits about Reshade and ENBseries, I was messing around with those files earlier.

RagePluginHook.log

I have a similar issue in that the frame rate i get is 30fps and normally feels very stable (almost like the ps4) but once on duty if other cars start showing up to a chase or the weather changes it dips into the 20s. Whilst on duty it's just less stable

I get the same issues fps drops but I have I7 GTX 780 and have VisualV/Natural Vision with quite a few plugins and callouts and scripts graphics maxed out...... I found if I change priority for GTAV.exe set on high and the launcher low it seems to help and I disable my Antivirus while I play it seems to help....

Albo has updated all of his mods, especially the Albo1125.Common. I'm glad about that. I did not tested yet, but I think now it's a lot better. Can someone confirm that?

Quick FYI that the latest round of updates has been released for my mods. I focussed on performance but can only do so much about issues with GTAV/RPH itself. Overall you should see an improvement if you use multiple mods of mine. 

On 31/07/2016 at 8:58 PM, Albo1125 said:

Quick FYI that the latest round of updates has been released for my mods. I focussed on performance but can only do so much about issues with GTAV/RPH itself. Overall you should see an improvement if you use multiple mods of mine. 

Bumping this topic with my today experiments :tongue:
I know Albo, I'm bothering you everywhere :whistling:

I had a GTX970, I now have a beasty GTX 1070. In all games I tried, I am now able to putt all settings to ultra and have FPS increased a lot.
Proof : I'm able to run all Ubisoft Games in Ultra at solid 60fps, that is sorcery ! :teehee:

Now, about GTAV : I was in the city on a road with a lot of traffic, but the same kind of FPS loss is visible anywhere. Of course, the problem is less noticeable when there is less traffic.

• GTAV without any RPH plugins : +-90 FPS
  • LSPDFR loaded without any plugins : +-90 FPS
  • LSPDFR + some callout plugins : +-80 FPS
  • LSPDFR + Albo's plugins : +-50-60 FPS

Maybe the ambiant events ? Some other callouts plugins have ambiants too, but are not making all that FPS loss so I don't know.

Edited by Pumpk1in

21 minutes ago, Pumpk1in said:

Bumping this topic with my today experiments :tongue:
I know Albo, I'm bothering you everywhere :whistling:

I had a GTX970, I now have a beasty GTX 1070. In all games I tried, I am now able to putt all settings to ultra and have FPS increased a lot.
Proof : I'm able to run all Ubisoft Games in Ultra at solid 60fps, that is sorcery ! :teehee:

Now, about GTAV : I was in the city on a road with a lot of traffic, but the same kind of FPS loss is visible anywhere. Of course, the problem is less noticeable when there is less traffic.

• GTAV without any RPH plugins : +-90 FPS
  • LSPDFR loaded without any plugins : +-90 FPS
  • LSPDFR + some callout plugins : +-80 FPS
  • LSPDFR + Albo's plugins : +-50-60 FPS

Maybe the ambiant events ? Some other callouts plugins have ambiants too, but are not making all that FPS loss so I don't know.

If you could be a bit more specific than 'albo's plugins' and determine exactly which plugin is causing out of the ordinary FPS drops I could take a look.

Please note that most of my plugins do a lot more than just register callouts with LSPDFR and it is therefore expected for them to be slightly more resource intensive.

7 minutes ago, Albo1125 said:

If you could be a bit more specific than 'albo's plugins' and determine exactly which plugin is causing out of the ordinary FPS drops I could take a look.

Please note that most of my plugins do a lot more than just register callouts with LSPDFR and it is therefore expected for them to be slightly more resource intensive.

Oh, well I forgot to tell that : LSPDFR+ with ArrestManager and TrafficPolicer :)

BTW, I use all your plugins but only these seems to make those massive FPS loss

Edited by Pumpk1in

2 minutes ago, Pumpk1in said:

Oh, well, LSPDFR+ with ArrestManager and TrafficPolicer :)

BTW, I use all your plugins but only these seems to make those massive FPS loss

Please post your RAGEPLuginHook.log file.

Can you try each of those plugins by themselves and see what the results are?

2 minutes ago, Albo1125 said:

I'll try after lunch !

33 minutes ago, Albo1125 said:

Ok, After testing with only your plugins AM (arrest manager), TP (traffic policer), AC (assorted callouts) and L+(lspdfr+) here are the fps :

• No RPH plugins : 94
  • lspdfr only : 80-85
  • lspdfr + AMTPACL+ : 65-70
  • lspdfr + AMTP : +-70
  • lspdfr + AM : +-75
  • lspdfr + TP : +-80
  • lspdfr + AC : +-80

Seems that Arrest Manager is the biggest fps eater and all plugins as the same time eats more. Seems logical.
The problem with that kind of tests is that it depends on the area.

The RPH log (you'll see my enable/disable plugin)

RagePluginHook.log