Mike747400

Using addon cars

This is probably a really obvious question, but how do you use addon cars as a part of LSPDFR? Replacing the police cars works fine, but I have a pack of addon police cars that I would like to be able to use, and when you spawn them in none of the LSPDFR functions are available. I've searched for a really long time, but only find tutorials on how to replace existing police cars :(

Thank you

1 minute ago, Mike747400 said:

This is probably a really obvious question, but how do you use addon cars as a part of LSPDFR? Replacing the police cars works fine, but I have a pack of addon police cars that I would like to be able to use, and when you spawn them in none of the LSPDFR functions are available. I've searched for a really long time, but only find tutorials on how to replace existing police cars :(

Thank you

What pack? If it contains the correct .meta files/edits and is installed correctly, the cars should function the same as the replacement police models.

6 minutes ago, Kilyin said:

What pack? If it contains the correct .meta files/edits and is installed correctly, the cars should function the same as the replacement police models.

It's this one https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/hot-pursuit-police-pack-seacrest-county-police-templates

I've also noticed the addon version of this https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/police-lamborghini-aventador-add-on doesn't work either

Edited by Mike747400

1 minute ago, Kilyin said:

What exactly isn't working?

I have that lamborghini, and it works for me.

When I go to the police station, it's not an option as a car to choose, and when I spawn it in, I don't have access to the LSPDFR controls/arrest tools etc. Using it to replace the police buffalo works perfectly, but I would like to be able to use the addon version if possible

2 minutes ago, Mike747400 said:

When I go to the police station, it's not an option as a car to choose, and when I spawn it in, I don't have access to the LSPDFR controls/arrest tools etc. Using it to replace the police buffalo works perfectly, but I would like to be able to use the addon version if possible

Right, addon vehicles aren't going to be available when you go on duty at a station, only the default cars. You have to spawn via trainer or RPH console. 

So problem two, the cars spawn, do they have any sound? Do the sirens work at all? The lamborghini for example requires you to use a vehicles.meta and a carvariations.meta included in the download. The NFS pack should come with all that but I haven't used it. 

4 minutes ago, Mike747400 said:

LSPDFR only recognizes the default police slots. So I have an Impala installed as Police31, but it won't show up in the station because it is not a vanilla default police slot such as 'police' 'police2' or police3' etc. By LSPDFR controls/arrest tools I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean like the toggling siren and placing suspects in the vehicle? To do the latter it must be a  4 door vehicle FYI.

Thank you very much for the help :) Just to make sure it's not something I've done wrong and waste your time, I'm going to reinstall the game, and just install these mods + LSPDFR, to test if it works then, and will tell you what the results are.

forsakenbacon17 likes this

I think there must have been a conflicting mod, because I am now able to make arrests, people pull over when I use my siren etc, with all of my addon cars, thank you so much for the help though and incredibly fast response times :)