scot619

Stop command (E) not working

Hey guys!

I've been running into a minor problem recently which is, for some reason whenever I'm unarmed and press E or Right Directional button on my controller I can't stop a ped. My character taunts the ped rather than stopping him. Which usually ends with the ped getting aggro and starting a fight with me. 

I have found a possible fix which is whenever I arrest a ped and release him, I can stop and question peds normally but whenever I arrest a ped at gunpoint it goes back to taunting rather than stopping.

anyone know whats causing this? Its a weird problem I know.

Thanks in advance!  

20160727030239_1.jpg

20160727031620_1.jpg

Edited by scot619
I have provided screenshots from RageHook Plugin running in game, I hope this explains more

Update: I have uninstalled LSPDFR and Ragehook and reinstalled them to no avail

I still can't stop PEDs on foot I have to arrest them at gunpoint!

Good that you brought this up, because i've noticed this happening to me too, recently. I have to resort to the good ol' gunpoint arrests, unfortunately. Not sure which exact plugin or script is causing this, though.

Just now, iStrong said:

Good that you brought this up, because i've noticed this happening to me too, recently. I have to resort to the good ol' gunpoint arrests, unfortunately. Not sure which exact plugin or script is causing this, though.

Thank god I'm not alone!

Maybe we can solve this what are the plugins you use?

Mine are:

Spoiler

Agency Callout

Traffic Policer 

Arrest manager 

LSPDFR+

Police Radio 

Assorted Callouts

PeterU's Callouts

CodeRed's callouts

Police partner 

Search Warrant

After hours of trial and error I think I've finally found the culprit! It's Agency Callouts; for some reason it screws up the game and doesn't allow your character to stop and search people. I will further test this out tomorrow because as of now I'm in dire need of some sleep :sleep:

Edited by scot619

8 hours ago, scot619 said:

After hours of trial and error I think I've finally found the culprit! It's Agency Callouts; for some reason it screws up the game and doesn't allow your character to stop and search people. I will further test this out tomorrow because as of now I'm in dire need of some sleep :sleep:

As a matter of fact, yes, i also am using agency callouts. Thanks for the info!

10 hours ago, scot619 said:

I highly doubt this is the case.

Most of the time, 'hold e' bugs are caused by LSPDFR itself.

scot619 likes this

1 hour ago, Albo1125 said:

I highly doubt this is the case.

Most of the time, 'hold e' bugs are caused by LSPDFR itself.

I think you're right I removed Agency callouts and the problem hasn't one away. I still have the 'Hold E bug,' sadly:sad:.

Are there any fixes? could it be an EUP related bug where the LSPDFR isn't registering that my character is a cop?

38 minutes ago, scot619 said:

I think you're right I removed Agency callouts and the problem hasn't one away. I still have the 'Hold E bug,' sadly:sad:.

Are there any fixes? could it be an EUP related bug where the LSPDFR isn't registering that my character is a cop?

That's false as i always use EUP and i can almost always hold E to arrest people, but only during certain times it bugs out and starts insulting the guy instead. I think it's LSPDFR's issue.

scot619 likes this

56 minutes ago, iStrong said:

That's false as i always use EUP and i can almost always hold E to arrest people, but only during certain times it bugs out and starts insulting the guy instead. I think it's LSPDFR's issue.

It must be 0.31 because I've never had this problem before, its incredibly annoying though try pointing your gun at someone in the Grove area lol.

so I guess no fix?

Just now, torbeng86 said:

I also have the same problem..

Welcome to the club! I thought I was the only one at first since I looked at multiple forums and found nothing I also watched YouTubers and everything seemed nomal on their end.

Its very weird

1 minute ago, scot619 said:

It must be 0.31 because I've never had this problem before, its incredibly annoying though try pointing your gun at someone in the Grove area lol.

so I guess no fix?

Welcome to the club! I thought I was the only one at first since I looked at multiple forums and found nothing I also watched YouTubers and everything seemed nomal on their end.

Its very weird

I dont think its 0.31 because when i upgrade to it, i dont have any problem. But one day, out off the blue the E bug starts.

scot619 likes this

7 minutes ago, scot619 said:

so I guess no fix?

Its very weird

LOL tell me about it! I had to point my gun at someone to arrest them in rancho, which is vagos territory and instantly my minimap had like 7 red blips and i got shot from everywhere. I died. Then one time i was near the tram stop in LS, again had the bug, arrested a guy with my gun, then it seemed like half the country wanted to kill me, everyone just started aggroing towards me and running to me with their fists, i tased and nightsticked like 15 people, but in the end, i still died because i was low on health and a guy beat me down. I also had about 5 officers next to me and no one even helped me. Oh gta5...

I also have another bug. When tap Z then my mini map zoom. I have change the keybindings for mini map in setting, but its still zoom on Z. 

Just now, torbeng86 said:

I dont think its 0.31 because when i upgrade to it, i dont have any problem. But one day, out off the blue the E bug starts.

Now that you mention it you're right. It was normal then this bug happened. I've heard a good fix would be to equip a flashlight aim at a ped and arrest him that way. Civilians won't go crazy or shoot at you that way.

Just now, iStrong said:

LOL tell me about it! I had to point my gun at someone to arrest them in rancho, which is vagos territory and instantly my minimap had like 7 red blips and i got shot from everywhere. I died. Then one time i was near the tram stop in LS, again had the bug, arrested a guy with my gun, then it seemed like half the country wanted to kill me, everyone just started aggroing towards me and running to me with their fists, i tased and nightsticked like 15 people, but in the end, i still died because i was low on health and a guy beat me down. I also had about 5 officers next to me and no one even helped me. Oh gta5...

I know what you mean lool. Use the flashlight method I heard it works great, I've seen Deputy Runt use it on YouTube on his latest vid so worth a shot I guess.

iStrong likes this

I had posted about this problem myself about three days ago... its extremely frustrating when the game does not work as intended... I did run into this bug with a fresh install and no plugins added to my game. I do however have faith that the LSPDFR team will find a fix soon.

On 8/19/2016 at 11:28 AM, Destroyer11687 said:

I would like to add my voice to the group, as I experience this problem as well. I hope they find a fix for it!

18 minutes ago, gold7800 CCSO* said:

I had posted about this problem myself about three days ago... its extremely frustrating when the game does not work as intended... I did run into this bug with a fresh install and no plugins added to my game. I do however have faith that the LSPDFR team will find a fix soon.

There is a fix as I mentioned above. Equip the flashlight and aim at the suspect and you can do a take down on him.

It's better than nothing I guess till they fix it.

3 minutes ago, scot619 said:

There is a fix as I mentioned above. Equip the flashlight and aim at the suspect and you can do a take down on him.

It's better than nothing I guess till they fix it.

I'd call that more of a work-around instead of a fix. It's rather silly though because the cop still shouts like he's pointing a gun at the suspect. But yes, it is better than nothing and I have been using it. 

scot619 likes this

56 minutes ago, warhawk373 said:

I was having this problem and so I did a bunch of trial and error because I am able to stop people at first, but after playing a while the feature stopped working.  What I figured out was that accepting a callout with that "ANPR Hit" thing was making me unable to stop people on foot.  It's hit or miss whether the callout breaks it or not because one time it only took accepting two of those callouts, and another it took four of those callouts.  So if stopping someone works when you first go on duty then check to see if it stops working after accepting a few of those ANPR callouts. 

Also I'm not sure if those callouts are from traffic policer or callouts V.

This is rubbish lol. No callout or plugin can interfere with an internal mechanic like the stop ped feature.

Edited by Albo1125
torbeng86 and BeastyBill88 like this

1 hour ago, warhawk373 said:

I don't know what to tell you, the stop function stops working after i accept the callout, I tried it three times and got the same result.  I think it stops working after the callout is cleaned though, like when you complete it, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

That's also why I asked if someone else could try it though because there's always a chance I'm wrong.

Sorry I keep editing this in-case you've already read it.  This is the last time though.  I was wrong about all of it.  This time I just played and didn't accept callouts and at some point the stop feature just stopped working.  So I'm back to having no clue why that's happening.  My apologies.

Once the stop feature stopped working I arrested a guy at gunpoint, then released him and now the stop feature works for everybody.

Edited by warhawk373