Sign in to follow this  
JOHNNYLAWLESS

Highway Cop Helmet

Hey guys, does anyone know how to make the highway cop keep his helmet on?  Every time i make a traffic stop and he gets off his bike he tosses his helmet.  I was watching a video on Bugs channel and noticed his highway cop keeps his on the whole time!!!  any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

GTA has two ways for a ped to wear headgear. Way 1 is as a hat; this means it's part of the character's clothes and will stay on unless it's knocked off. Way 2 is as a helmet; this means that it's automatically put on when you get on a bike without a hat, is (IIRC) a fixed slot (which is why Michael never puts on his golf visor when he gets on a bike), and will be taken off when you get off. Trainers, of course, can put on or take off hats or helmets.

I don't remember how LSPDFR puts on the hat, but it sounds like you have it worn as a helmet. If you get off a bike, wait for the helmet to come off, and then go into a trainer and set the hat prop, it'll be worn as a hat and will stay on.

Lundy likes this

Thank you both for your replies.  Being so new to LSPDFR and very computer dumb(old guy,lol), if possible i need it spelled out,i.e.what exactly do i type in the trainer. Again sorry for my ignorance, i saw the mod on you tube and liked it so much i thought i would give it a try.  Three year ago i found Lcpdfr and never really got a hang of it so i gave it up, this time around i found some great you tube tutorials that helped a lot with LSPDFR and i'm rollin'!!!  The helmet thing is my only issue right now.  Again thank you in advance for your help.

Lundy likes this