officerAMR

Jeff said that GTA 4 is stable on Windows 10?

There's as much truth to that statement as there is me telling you a piece of string is exactly 5cm long. I may have a 5cm piece of string, but do you?

My point being "stability" of a game is not a universal thing. It's subjective, i.e. per individual experience. Jeff may be correct, it may be more stable on windows 10, for him. It may be more stable on windows 10 for several others. But nobody can guarantee you will find it as stable.

The only way to prove if that is "true" or not. Is to try it for yourself.

FRGamer, officerAMR and Black Jesus like this

36 minutes ago, LukeD said:

There's as much truth to that statement as there is me telling you a piece of string is exactly 5cm long. I may have a 5cm piece of string, but do you?

My point being "stability" of a game is not a universal thing. It's subjective, i.e. per individual experience. Jeff may be correct, it may be more stable on windows 10, for him. It may be more stable on windows 10 for several others. But nobody can guarantee you will find it as stable.

The only way to prove if that is "true" or not. Is to try it for yourself.

Thats true, may as well try it out. LS isn't as fun to patrol as LC. My game was relatively stable before, i use to have big issues with texture loss even though i have an expensive rig 

4 minutes ago, FRGamer said:

I can say that it works great for me. I can play for hours w/out a crash and much much better FPS. Windows 10 is great.

How did you get past the whole gfwl screens. It immediately crashes when I hit play on steam

It works for me smoothly with no crashes so far. I'm running LCPDFR + CryENB with ELS and some script mods and no crashes. Also GFWL and the social club services work. I guess I got lucky this time lol. I remember crashing every single time.

officerAMR likes this

5 minutes ago, Rez said:

It works for me smoothly with no crashes so far. I'm running LCPDFR + CryENB with ELS and some script mods and no crashes. Also GFWL and the social club services work. I guess I got lucky this time lol. I remember crashing every single time.

awesome.

8 minutes ago, thegreathah said:

How did you get past the whole gfwl screens. It immediately crashes when I hit play on steam

There should be a mod to get rid of it. I have one installed for Fallout 3 

1 minute ago, officerAMR said:

awesome.

There should be a mod to get rid of it. I have one installed for Fallout 3 

ahh, ok. Definitely going to try it. I need to patrol with ELS.

Windows 10 does tend to make IV more stable than it was on Vista & 7/8. However, as a vehicle modeler, I'm probably not going to go back to IV to model because of the infamous RC20 error. V is so much better to mod. It may take extra work (vehicles.meta and carvariations ect) but it is worth it because you can spawn it in everytime without a crash.

Officer27 likes this

GTA 4 is relatively stable when I stuck to script modifications only. Adding vehicle models/textures produced the same instability as seen in previous Windows versions for me.

officerAMR likes this

5 hours ago, Cyan said:

GTA 4 is relatively stable when I stuck to script modifications only. Adding vehicle models/textures produced the same instability as seen in previous Windows versions for me.

Its pretty stable with Car mods now, i can actually drive from Brooker to the main island (don't know how you spell it) without the game losing textures YAY. 

Its runs a lot better. I've had 2 crashes whilst playing for 3 hours. Not too bad. Use to crash every 30 mins before hand