fstlaneukraine

Rough start to my LSPDFR adventure - list of issues (lol)

So, after beating GTA V on the XBox 360, twice on the XBox One...I have finally got it for PC pretty much strictly for the sake of LSPDFR (Steam Version). So, that being said, my game version is 791.

I will preface this with the information that I am a systems engineer for a living so this type of stuff generally isn't hard for me. For example, I had a random crass of GTA V when running with RPH which turned out to be my AV...so I can do my own troubleshooting but I can't seem to figure out the following issues.

My Issues (my setup will be listed below):

- When opening the police computer (Computer+), I can't use it or exit from it. The mouse keeps dragging itself back to the center quickly. Can't manage to click on anything. In order for me to go back to playing the game, I need to relaunch the entire game.

- The police radio sometimes flickers. Can anything be done about this? I'm running the latest NVidia GTX 980 driver (368.81). Also running MSI Afterburner (GPU overclocked a tiny smidge) and Asus AI Suite 3 (CPU overclocked a tiny smidge).

- RPH is reporting an incorrect version although I have the latest RPH, latest LSPDFR, and latest Steam version which matches the RPH requirement (v791). Game seems to run well enough...but when I first go on duty it says:

- Took me a while to figure out but I think I got most of the other key bindings figured out for how to arrest people, search, use the police radio, etc. Is there a guide with a most of them? I have not altered any INI's. Or is there a list of suggested bindings? Reason I ask is because some of the mods seem to open menus at the same time (same mapping) and it's annoying. For example, when I press F4 for the console, I also get the native trainer (which I can't navigate, BTW).

My setup/screenshots:

GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 980
Game Version: Steam (v791)
Other Info:
 - Only Windows Defender installed (AVG and Avira were posing issues so I've gone to MS's offering)
 - ASI Loader, OpenIV.ASI installed

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Edited by fstlaneukraine

8 minutes ago, fstlaneukraine said:

- When opening the police computer (Computer+), I can't use it or exit from it. The mouse keeps dragging itself back to the center quickly. Can't manage to click on anything. In order for me to go back to playing the game, I need to relaunch the entire game.

Change your mouse input setting to DirectInput or Raw Input in your game settings.

10 minutes ago, fstlaneukraine said:

- The police radio sometimes flickers. Can anything be done about this? I'm running the latest NVidia GTX 980 driver (368.81). Also running MSI Afterburner (GPU overclocked a tiny smidge) and Asus AI Suite 3 (CPU overclocked a tiny smidge).

This is the way that Police Radio works, unfortunately. It can't really be fixed.

10 minutes ago, fstlaneukraine said:

- RPH is reporting an incorrect version although I have the latest RPH, latest LSPDFR, and latest Steam version which matches the RPH requirement (v791). Game seems to run well enough...but when I first go on duty it says:

This isn't a Ragehook issue, it's with Better EMS, but the plugin still works, so ignore it.

thegreathah and fstlaneukraine like this

6 minutes ago, Starmix said:

Change your mouse input setting to DirectInput or Raw Input in your game settings.

This is the way that Police Radio works, unfortunately. It can't really be fixed.

This isn't a Ragehook issue, it's with Better EMS, but the plugin still works, so ignore it.

Yep, I changed my mouse setting just before I saw your post (cause I noticed it was happening when the console was open too) and that was it. Thanks!

And thanks for confirming the other details...much appreciated.

Moving this to GTA V Support as it's better suited there rather than development support (which is support for developers or requests for mods)

Also, welcome to the forums :)

http://i.imgur.com/I0B5P1Y.png

This topic has been moved to the appropriate forum. Please post in the correct location in the future.

fstlaneukraine likes this

41 minutes ago, fstlaneukraine said:

6.jpg

That's a notification from Better EMS. It was compiled for RPH 0.41 so it checks for that version, and you're on 0.42. No problem - it works fine on 0.42, I just haven't released an update yet. 

fstlaneukraine likes this