kimjeongeun

Keep crash in this screen

You might be having the same issue I had. The game always crashed at that point and even when I wasn't using RAGE Plugin hook, and launching the game normally, I would still crash in the loading screen. I discovered that it was the Mods folder. I created mine a while back, maybe 3 or 4 versions ago. Inside the Mods folder I had the "update" folder, as I'm sure everyone does. Well, updating the game will add new DLC packs into the vanilla "update" folder, but obviously not in the Mods "update" folder. So when you have ASI loader or OpenIV installed, it points to the outdated Mods folder, and GTA is trying to find content that doesn't exist. Thus explaining the crash.

What I did to fix this to avoid losing my modded vehicles and customization was navigate to the modded DLC packs using OpenIV (mods>update>x64>dlcpacks) extracting all of the DLC packs to the desktop, deleting the entire update folder in the Mods folder, then copying the newest vanilla update folder into the Mods folder. Then navigate to the same path, and just overwrite the DLC packs you took from the old Modded dlcpack folder.

Obviously if you don't have any car mods, then this is irrelevant, but regardless, you have to add the new DLC packs if you want the game to run if you have a Mods folder. Or simply uninstall ASI loader, but then you lose your car mods, because it is pointing to the normal update folder as intended.

Hope this helps,

Ryan 

Just now, Ryan9295 said:

You might be having the same issue I had. The game always crashed at that point and even when I wasn't using RAGE Plugin hook, and launching the game normally, I would still crash in the loading screen. I discovered that it was the Mods folder. I created mine a while back, maybe 3 or 4 versions ago. Inside the Mods folder I had the "update" folder, as I'm sure everyone does. Well, updating the game will add new DLC packs into the vanilla "update" folder, but obviously not in the Mods "update" folder. So when you have ASI loader or OpenIV installed, it points to the outdated Mods folder, and GTA is trying to find content that doesn't exist. Thus explaining the crash.

What I did to fix this to avoid losing my modded vehicles and customization was navigate to the modded DLC packs using OpenIV (mods>update>x64>dlcpacks) extracting all of the DLC packs to the desktop, deleting the entire update folder in the Mods folder, then copying the newest vanilla update folder into the Mods folder. Then navigate to the same path, and just overwrite the DLC packs you took from the old Modded dlcpack folder.

Obviously if you don't have any car mods, then this is irrelevant, but regardless, you have to add the new DLC packs if you want the game to run if you have a Mods folder. Or simply uninstall ASI loader, but then you lose your car mods, because it is pointing to the normal update folder as intended.

Hope this helps,

Ryan 

Well. I don't use any kind of mods folder.

10 hours ago, kimjeongeun said:

Well. I don't use any kind of mods folder.

Uh-oh lol... Well, I can only assume you tried launching the game in vanilla, if it launches into single player like it should, then its an issue with RPH, simply reinstall it. If you launch GTA in vanilla and it still crashes then that means you corrupted the game. Luckily, If you bought GTA V through Steam, under the "Library" tab in the Steam client, Right-click on "Grand Theft Auto V" and click on "Properties". Select the "LOCAL FILES" tab and then "VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE". This will go through your local files and make sure they are how they are suppose to be. If it finds one that isn't right, it will automatically download it and install it. That should fix it.