Sign in to follow this  
Legacyofthe24

Certain .rpf's not working for me

A little while ago I posted about trying to start modding using the mods folder and for the most part, I've found it to work for me. The problem being the only .rpf's that I can usually get to work for me is any of the x64's contained in the main directory. For the vehicles that require going through the dlcpacks, what path do I need to have in order to replace vehicles? i.e. a vehicle being replaced in say the patchday2 folder. I've tried doing the update/x64/dlcpacks/patchday2ng and using the dlc.rpf and I've also tried going even further by using the vehicles.rpf. I just don't understand how one could be so easy and the other be so difficult.

Edited by Legacyofthe24

13 hours ago, Legacyofthe24 said:

A little while ago I posted about trying to start modding using the mods folder and for the most part, I've found it to work for me. The problem being the only .rpf's that I can usually get to work for me is any of the x64's contained in the main directory. For the vehicles that require going through the dlcpacks, what path do I need to have in order to replace vehicles? i.e. a vehicle being replaced in say the patchday2 folder. I've tried doing the update/x64/dlcpacks/patchday2ng and using the dlc.rpf and I've also tried going even further by using the vehicles.rpf. I just don't understand how one could be so easy and the other be so difficult.

\mods\update\x64\dlcpacks\patchday2ng is correct

3 hours ago, Legacyofthe24 said:

Ok and if a certain vehicle needs to be replaced in multiple .rpf's, I need to have that one in the mods folder too correct?

Yes, technically. If it's being replaced in multiple .rpf's, say in both patchdayng2 and patchdayng4, usually you just pick the latest one which would be patchdayng4 and just overwrite the one in there.

Oh ok that makes sense. Yeah again still new to all of this with the way mods work for GTA V vs. GTA IV. A little more difficult and you have to be very precise in how you do it.