ztgraphix

wavy lines in game??

Hey guys, So im having a little problem to where when im in the game and standing still im getting like wavy lines? I guess you could say all over the screen...and its really really annoying. They arent colored or anything its more like all the lines of every thing in game are constantly weaving and wave like...I hope this dont sound crazy but its driving me crazy that I do know! lol.       Forgot PC specs. I5-4690k 8gbram MSI gtx 970 4gb...... vsync is turned on in game and in nvidia control panel..also tried it being off..still have vertical wavy lines..

Edited by ztgraphix

7 hours ago, Freemanb10 said:

you might to need to turn down your graphic settings..... or maybe issues with your graphic card!

I just got the 970 and it was also doing it with my gtx 660 but I thought it was just the 660 being maxed out but now I'm not even using 3gb of VRAM so I dong think its a graphic card problem...I really have no idea..

yeah on my old computer I had the same issue with the lines.... I upgraded to alienware and have no problems at all...

Do you have a screenshot? Are they black and look blocky or something similar? If so, then your GPU may be overheating.

No they are not black or blocky they are just transparent waves that are moving on the edges of everything when standing still only vertical tho their not like going horizontal across the whole screen. Graphics card never gets above 50 Celsius so its not a overheating issue. I'm at work so can't try to screen shot right now.

Okay, try and get one later then, you do have to remember about GPU VRMs and stuff since most GPU temp detectors on the chip don't account for those.

ztgraphix likes this

5 hours ago, Starmix said:

Okay, try and get one later then, you do have to remember about GPU VRMs and stuff since most GPU temp detectors on the chip don't account for those.

I don't know what I did but I fixed it..lol I changed some things in nvidia control panel like turned on dynamic super sampling and few other things and now it looks amazing!

DSR pretty much turns resolutions up and downscales it to the screen resolution, can be punishing on any low end card.

Well im not sure if turning DSR on is what fixed it 

2 hours ago, Starmix said:

DSR pretty much turns resolutions up and downscales it to the screen resolution, can be punishing on any low end card.

well I'm not sure if turn in DSR on is what fixed it but game looks amazing now with everything turned up and the 970 is handling it pretty dammn good so far!

Your probably making the 970 render the game in 4K, just saying.

Lol. Well it will be ok, its working better now and looks better than ever before. I dont really think i made it render 4k I only bumped it up to like 1.5x the native 1080p resolution.

Either 4k or 1440p, can't be bothered doing the math, it's friday.

when you have double maths on fridays, you really just are tired when you get home. Very tired