ineseri

Community Team and Staffing Update 2015-12-01

When LSPDFR was released, we knew it’d be a big hit. How big of a hit it would be was hard to imagine. With the answer in hand, I can honestly say that it is above expectations. Half a million downloads already and we’re not even at the final version. It’s truly remarkable and we’re all impressed. Stay tuned for more LSPDFR 0.3 related news in the coming future. 

It’s not what I’d like to talk about today however, this is more of a introduction of me and an update on new policies and titles. 

First off, hi. I’m ineseri and most of you probably know me already. I’ve been a member of the Community Team since 2014 and I just recently stepped up to the position of Community Manager, where my responsibilities are managing the moderation on the site, taking over this responsibility from Iconography who is now in the position of Expansion and Community Engagement. What this means is that he will manage our social media, content throughout the website and generally growing the community. 

My hope is that these changes will bring positive effects to the Community as a whole and not to be too confusing for you, the LCPDFR.com member. 

What this essentially means is that any issue with a moderator, policies or site moderation should be brought to me instead of Iconography. 

Moving on to some policy changes: A few months ago we introduced the “five-strike” system, which would mean that after 5 Warning Points, a member would be permanently banned with no possible revocation. This system is scrapped as we don’t like banning people, especially not permanently if it can be avoided.  

Permanent bans will still be issued in special cases such as spambots, but we won’t be issuing them for 5 warning points any more.  Instead, we will be using a new system where reaching 5 Warning Points will result in a 6 month ban. By using six month bans, we give people the chance to learn from their mistakes and come back after six months if they so desire. 

Does this mean previously banned members will be allowed back?  We will evaluate this on a case by case basis.  In most cases if a member has been banned longer than six months, their account will be unblocked and they will be free to come back. I have slowly started this process to interact said policies and will change the Community Guidelines to reflect this. 

On to some other news regarding the Community Team. We’ve had to departures from the Community Team, starting with Original Light who decided to retire a few months ago. I’d like to thank Original Light for all the hard work he’s done over the years on LCPDFR.com
He is now in a Testing Team position, ensuring that LSPDFR is relatively bug-free for release. 

Another departure is regarding Sgt. Jackson who has retired from the position of full moderator to French Forum Moderator and he will keep moderating this section, obviously. 

If you have any questions, please, let me know and I will do my best to answer them either here or via PM!

11 minutes ago, Hastings said:

Does that mean that TheDivineHustle is coming back? :D

As I said;  We will evaluate this on a case by case basis.  In most cases if a member has been banned longer than six months, their account will be unblocked and they will be free to come back if they want to. 

RayDaBeast likes this