OfficerSquare

I honestly don't see why some modders...

... give their modification to YouTubers long before the release, especially callouts (like some did). Once you watch the video, the callout is ruined and you won't have the element of surprise once you get the modification itself (unless if it has numerous conclusions). What makes a random community member like me different from YouTubers? It's like G17 giving LSPDFR 0.3 to YouTubers before actually releasing it to the community. Many people would get a little angry over that.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not mad that the modification that is being distributed isn't released yet, I just don't favor the favoritism with some modders. I don't hate the modders, I just don't agree with some of their actions.

Opinions?

33 minutes ago, OfficerSquare said:

... give their modification to YouTubers long before the release, especially callouts (like some did). Once you watch the video, the callout is ruined and you won't have the element of surprise once you get the modification itself (unless if it has numerous conclusions). What makes a random community member like me different from YouTubers? It's like G17 giving LSPDFR 0.3 to YouTubers before actually releasing it to the community. Many people would get a little angry over that.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not mad that the modification that is being distributed isn't released yet, I just don't favor the favoritism with some modders. I don't hate the modders, I just don't agree with some of their actions.

Opinions?

Squareheaddude? As in, MPD mall cops? haha

And yes, modders that give their mods to youtubers early should not do it unless they intend for the youtuber to review it.

Well it makes sense if you want to have it shown in a video. That YouTuber can show off what that modification does and has before it is released to the public so the public can have an insight in what's to come. I do practically the same, except anyone can ask for my modifications to try them out. I showcase my own modifications in my own videos, if someone else has my modification and chooses to use it in a video, that's completely on them. If anyone wants to get pissy over some guy showcasing an unreleased modification of mine or whatnot, they're either, A. Stupid for not asking me to have it, or B. Just a whiny spoiled kid.

But then you do have those undesirables who just taunt people because they're generally all-out dickheads with oversized egos who just bathe in attention making themselves feel like they're #1 on the top of everyone else. There's the #1 reason to why I mainly work on my stuff alone.

On 1/1/2016 at 5:05 PM, JFavignano said:

well if you are referring to something I did, I simply Beta tested a callout and they gave me permission to record it.

No, it was regarding someone else with vehicle mods. Albo asked the same thing, haha.

Just my thought, testing scripts, plugins, mods, cars is going to happen. Like said it gives them feedback and not a mass amount of people running something buggy or possibly unstable or if adding will occur to the mod and if you have a large mass with it imagine the 20 questions added to the existing 20 questions more then half being common problems in the read me's and information. Nothing wrong with testers. Heck I would test a car or mod out any day as much as I play lspdfr and customizing gta v in my free time. I think ita good people like g17 and Jeff have videos. I first seen the lspdfr on Jeffs channel. It got me back into the mod gaming after many years. It also let's me know what's new what changes are to come. I'd like to record allot of my game play I thought about it putting it on youtube mostly just the game play itself minus voice since there is enough good channels with authors talking. Plus when they have the scripts or mods ahead of time many people who can't play lspdfr or just love watching gaming videos which is  a large crowd it gives them the opportunity to see these mods and such. I don't see anything wrong with it. Is there mods I want sure we all do sich as wig wags. I don't mind waiting. I'm very particular in what I have such as police vehicles in current to 80s common models I prefer. If someone had a Chevy celebrity (not sure how many recall that hunk o junk small engine patrol car we use to have them in 80s out here) or older taures sure I'd test that sucker out in a heart beat. I've thought about asking someone if i could test a mod or two here and there not released they made but been busy in self game play and real life work I haven't bothered to ask. But you can always ask. Either you'll get told no or yes. Never hurts to ask. If told no it doesn't mean your being hated on or singled out. There could be valid reasons only few are chosen to test it or run it see how it goes and catches with everyone. It takes ones personal time to sit and create all of this. Everyone putting a part in. If you create something spend x amount time on it and the tester shows it on a channel and nobody likes it, it gives him idea to not invest much time into that and go into another direction or what to change prior to mass releasing it. It never hurts to ask though. If I had the proper items I would do some stuff myself but barely getting back into the game. I appreciate people like albo and jeff, lundy, etc. They keep the game alive.

On 12/1/2015 at 11:06 PM, OfficerSquare said:

Opinions?

I agree with you, releasing mods before they come out to YouTubers isn't fair, even if the person gives permission to beta test it. Beta Testers are used ONLY to test upcoming mods and not to RECORD+UPLOAD their thoughts on it so that the viewers can just sit back and never need to go onto the downloads section and ACTUALLY look at the mods, they rely on the YouTubers to just sit there and beta test, review, play and record+upload the recent mods so that their viewers can just be lazy and just never ever need to look at the downloads section of lcpdfr.com ever again, they can just sit back and wait until a REALLY GOOD mod comes out which 3/4 of the people on lcpdfr.com do, and that is called being lazy. Just look at the world after YouTube came out, everyone just YT searching everything in life, even books as well, people read-along to people reading books on YT! That's crazy. Just look at all of the idiots just clicking the 1 star button on people's mods and saying THIS IS CRAP and just clicking 'DELETE ACCOUNT' and leaving forever. Which really bothers me. People who give their mods to YOUTUBERS really need to consider that they're ruining secrets.

For vehicle and skin mods, I guess its to get the mod exposure - these are visual based mods, so it makes total sense releasing them early for visual marketing. There were images and videos of GTA V out well before the game was out - did they ruin the game for you?

For callouts I can see your point if its a simple callout with no variation. Then again, as a callout plugin author, I can see myself approaching certain Youtubers I follow at some point for testing and showcasing. What makes them different to a random community member like you? The fact that they're not random. By watching even just a couple of vids from someones channel you can get a good idea of their play style (there are many, even when it comes to a mod like LSPDFR). There are about half a dozen YTers I follow for their LSPDFR vids, but only one or two I'd consider asking to beta test my mod, because their play style seems to be the most compatible with the ideas I have in mind for my mod. The marketing angle also comes into play here too - its likely that a decent proportion of their other followers have a similar play style, because like attracts like.

On 1/1/2016 at 4:05 PM, JFavignano said:

well if you are referring to something I did, I simply Beta tested a callout and they gave me permission to record it.

I did the same as Jeff did.  Me, Jeff, Steve, Kilyin and several others did Assorted Callouts from Albo1125.  Albo had us read over what was and what was not appropriate to show or say in the video.  But I can tell you from personal experience it wasn't for attention, it was from pure excitement and to give Albo support.  If it means he gets some donations sent his way for all of his hard work then I did my job.  

15 hours ago, OfficerBenzo said:

I did the same as Jeff did.  Me, Jeff, Steve, Kilyin and several others did Assorted Callouts from Albo1125.  Albo had us read over what was and what was not appropriate to show or say in the video.  But I can tell you from personal experience it wasn't for attention, it was from pure excitement and to give Albo support.  If it means he gets some donations sent his way for all of his hard work then I did my job.  

Absolutely agree 100%

45 minutes ago, JFavignano said:

Absolutely agree 100%

Letting you know it wasn't about you or Albo (or any of his current mods), so sorry if it came off wrong. It was regarding someone else, but I don't hold grudges and we get along well now. :)

On 1/15/2016 at 3:14 PM, OfficerSquare said:

Letting you know it wasn't about you or Albo (or any of his current mods), so sorry if it came off wrong. It was regarding someone else, but I don't hold grudges and we get along well now. :)

It's all good.  I wish I could have been brought in on the LSPDFR 0.3 beta.  I know some people in the community for a fact were shown or was brought in on testing 0.3 and I had heard through little birdies that it is well worth the wait and its one of the best updates ever.

On 1/15/2016 at 2:27 PM, JFavignano said:

Absolutely agree 100%

Hey Jeff,  would love to send you a PM but I don't wanna be one of those guys that inundate you with questions.  Its more like 2 questions.  Let me know if its ok to send you a PM.

EDIT:  Never mind Jeff,  I was able to answer my own question. I'm sure you get ton's of PM's,  Didn't want  you to run across my message a month later and try and respond ......

Thanks

Edited by OfficerBenzo