OfficerSquare

Upgrade to Windows 10?

Windows 10 Upgrade  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should I upgrade to Windows 10?

I've made a forum like this before, but I want everyone's updated opinion.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? I know there are many perks to upgrading, but everyone says it messes up permissions and won't let RPH run. I have it stable right now, so I don't really want to mess with it. If I were to upgrade, and it messes up permissions, does anyone have a guide / tutorial on how to fix it? Also, should I upgrade to Windows 10 in general? Why?

Thanks for your opinions.

I have Windows 10 and it by far is the best operating system from Windows. They nailed it this time unlike 8 & 8.1. I downloaded the required things listed at ragepluginhook.net and I was set. No problems. That's really all I have to say but it definitely is worth it. I'd say go for it.

There's no issues that I've seen or heard of with Windows 10 and RageHook. Upgrading to Windows 10 will give you access to the latest Direct X version which is nice, and if you can do it as part of a free upgrade, go for it. Otherwise it's basically identical to Windows 8/7. They just took the tile menu that used to take up the entire screen and they shoved it into the start bar instead, made a few GUI adjustments to catch up to MacOSX, Android/ChromeOS and Linux, and added in a voice search assistant; Cortana.

Windows 10 is great, better than 7 imo. However i would advise against doing the upgrade, when i first upgraded it messed up my programs and a few drivers. best way to get Windows 10 is to do a fresh/clean install of it. 

I do say get Windows 10 though =)

Personnally, I had to reset one of my PCs due to Windows 10 upgrade ...

Search "critical error, cortana and start menu aren't working" on google, you'll see that i'm not the only one ...

On 29/11/2015 15:13:06, Findus said:

Personnally, I had to reset one of my PCs due to Windows 10 upgrade ...

Search "critical error, cortana and start menu aren't working" on google, you'll see that i'm not the only one ...

That error is often caused by an antivirus.

4 hours ago, Canelo said:

That error is often caused by an antivirus.

So, I can't even use the antivirus of my choice if I want to install Windows 10? Very good!

3 minutes ago, Findus said:

So, I can't even use the antivirus of my choice if I want to install Windows 10? Very good!

Theres really no need, considering Windows 10 has Windows Defender.. basically a built in version of Microsoft Security Essentials. 

2 minutes ago, CouthInk4 said:

Theres really no need, considering Windows 10 has Windows Defender.. basically a built in version of Microsoft Security Essentials. 

I don't trust this antivirus, it caused me a few problems ...

Albo1125 likes this