ASTK9

Lights out of place

for some reason when i replace police and police3, the lights are out of place when i turn them on. Police3 is the worst for some reason. Can someone please help?

This sounds like your sirenSettings value in the carvariations.meta is wrong (You have to enter your own, GTA V's default can't be accessed), E.g. police should be set as:

<lightSettings value="1" />
<sirenSettings value="13" />

And police3 would be:

<sirenSettings value="2" />

9 hours ago, MoreTextures said:

This sounds like your sirenSettings value in the carvariations.meta is wrong (You have to enter your own, GTA V's default can't be accessed), E.g. police should be set as:

<sirenSettings value="13" />

And police3 would be:

<sirenSettings value="2" />

where exactly is this file located and which program do i edit it in?

Edited by ASTK9

3 hours ago, ASTK9 said:

where exactly is this file located and which program do i edit it in?

You'd put the vehicle's entry into a carvariations.meta file from somewhere like mpluxe2. You edit it via Notepad(Or Notepad++ If you have it).

For example you'd put this into \Grand Theft Auto V\update\x64\dlcpacks\mpluxe2\dlc.rpf\common\data\carvariations.meta\ for police.

Edited by MoreTextures

6 hours ago, MoreTextures said:

You'd put the vehicle's entry into a carvariations.meta file from somewhere like mpluxe2. You edit it via Notepad(Or Notepad++ If you have it).

For example you'd put this into \Grand Theft Auto V\update\x64\dlcpacks\mpluxe2\dlc.rpf\common\data\carvariations.meta\ for police.

Idk nothing is changing. I copied what you sent and put it into the file but nothing changed in game.

6 hours ago, MoreTextures said:

Idk nothing is changing. I copied what you sent and put it into the file but nothing changed in game.

2 hours ago, ASTK9 said:

That's strange. What vehicle mod(s) are you trying to use?

15 hours ago, MoreTextures said:

That's strange. What vehicle mod(s) are you trying to use?

Nvm I actually used a carvariations.meta file from another file and just renamed it and now they work. Thanks anyways for helping!!!