LieutenantColombo

My computer or too many mods?

Hello, This isn't a BIG problem to me, but it would be nice to know if its my computer or just too many mods, So, when playing GTA V, Its runs smoothly nicely. However when starting a patrol, and going on duty, when I spawn after setting up my vehicle and camera, I do notice a frame rate dip to about 30 FPS, from 40-45, Then when doing a traffic stop, from blipping the suspect to the end of the stop, the framerate dips to about 20, this has been since I installed more mods overtime, Traffic Policer being the main one that's caused FPS dips, I improved it by going into the ini files and disabling some of the ambient events, Here are the other mods I have with lspdfr.Mods.png.6a928334887cd99471603d955d9939c

I am wondering, if this is a problem with my PC setup, I have a GTX 750TI, 8GB Ram, and a AMD A8 5500, Ik the processor is low end, maybe that's the issue? It meets the minimum but not recommended. I've seen people like Jeff Faviango have most of these mods, run smoothly mainly. I also have a few more outside the LSPDFR folder, search mod, dashcam, etc. If you guys can let me know if its my hardware or something ill much appreciate it!

I can still enjoy LSPDFR, when doing pursuits and stuff, its not like a traffic stop where its at 20 FPS, its at about 30-35, but  off duty just playing GTA V, I have about 40-45 FPS. Not totally accurate as I don't have a FPS counter when playing GTA V on its own.

Thanks in advance!

I have this problem too. Though for me, I get 60 in regular and 40-45 patrolling, with some drops. (Specs: i7 4770 @3.4gHz, GTX 960, 16 GB Ram). I also have a crazy amount of mods! I suspect that it is a combination of using all those mods + your specs.

Just now, forsakenbacon17 said:

I have this problem too. Though for me, I get 60 in regular and 40-45 patrolling, with some drops. (Specs: i7 4770 @3.4gHz, GTX 960, 16 GB Ram). I also have a crazy amount of mods! I suspect that it is a combination of using all those mods + your specs.

Yes, I guess so, but stil 40-45 to me is much better than 30-35, and then 30-35 when doing traffic stops rather than 20-25, lol, So maybe I shall consider upgrading my processor,

Yeah, would be a good idea. That, and maybe switch to some 16 GB Ram. I was running 12 GB's a few weeks ago, and between 12 and 16 there's not a huge difference, but between 12 and 8 there is.

Also, don't forget to check for updates. Many mods, (Traffic Policer comes to mind on this one) release updates that constantly improve performance, so check that too.

Yeah, would be a good idea. That, and maybe switch to some 16 GB Ram. I was running 12 GB's a few weeks ago, and between 12 and 16 there's not a huge difference, but between 12 and 8 there is.

Also, don't forget to check for updates. Many mods, (Traffic Policer comes to mind on this one) release updates that constantly improve performance, so check that too.

Yes I check for updates at the end of every week, got the latest of everything, And I do have a spare 4GB card, laying around at my desk xD, they just say not to use ram from different manufactures, my current 8GB is made of up of 2 DDR3, Ibalsticx 4gb sticks, and the one I took out, I still need to se what company its from, before putting it back in,

5 minutes ago, forsakenbacon17 said:

Yeah, do NOT mix different manufacturers/brands/types, etc. If you could, believe me, I'd be having fun with my 24 GB's of Ram! XD

Ha ha yes, indeed. I shall be checking later, must say somewhere on it

Yep! Good luck with that man, hope it works out!

Thank you it will take some time to save up, but will get there hopefully soon, tbh, because changing a Motherboard is such a pain, I may custom build a new PC, with a i7, then make everything else really low end, 2gb ram, Keep 1tb Hard drive, and something like a GT 610 xD, then just transfer my, Specs from my old tower, PSU, GPU, RAM, and back all my stuff up on a external hardrive before switching over, and put it all on the new hard drive and bam, done

If you use EntityPersistence or KeepCalm, try disabling one of them at a time. They can have a pretty big influence on your FPS, as I have noticed myself.

Edited by NoCountdown

21 minutes ago, NoCountdown said:

If you use EntityPersistence or KeepCalm, try disabling one of them at a time. They can have a pretty big influence on your FPS, as I have noticed myself.

Don't have those 2 mods