SteelPolice223

General LSPDFR Improvement General/ Suggestions

Hello, just thought to share what I would like to see in future LSPDFRs.

First: Backup Improvements. 

- Response time: You're in Grove Street, with about 15 Gang Members ready to blow you to bits, starting to have a deadly shootout. You start spamming Noose and Local SWAT. You eventually kill all of them with your Minigun(Just for the lolz), and Noose and SWAT start to roll at the END OF THE SHOOTOUT. I mean, I would just love having LSPD/NOOSE/SWAT against Gang members, but they take too long to come!

- Pursuits: Suspect starts to run, and you call in Locals. But, the Locals seem to spawn either 1 mile from the guy your chasing or they do actually spawn close, but they quickly fall behind. But, when the suspect stops for a brief time, they start to roll in like flies. Its kinda wierd.

Second: Pullovers

- Suspect Pullover Locations: So, your just blipped up a drunk driver and he starts to pull over. Like 1 inch. I mean, the AI need to pullover more to the side of the road. They seem to not care if they pullover in the middle of a highway or take up an entire single lane. They just need to pullover a bit more to the side, rather than barely at all.

Third: Despawning LSPD/NOOSE/SWAT/ETC (This might just be a glitch or something)
- so, you have like about 5 LSPD units that rolled up on scene at a shootout. After its done, you look to see a bunch of LSPD standing in the streets with no cars in sight. It seems as if you look away they despawn, which can kinda be annoying at times.

Fourth: more knowledge and lamborghinis hahah

Well I can go ahead and help you with one of those. The new traffic policer update has a mimick feature in it now to where if a suspect pulls over you can use it to make them mimick your moves and guide them to the side of the road. It actually works amazing and I use it nearly every other traffic stop!

I'd also like those things to be upgraded and if I may add on to the list it would be cool to actually have ranks within the police services (Captain,Sargent,etc.) The higher your rank the more diverse the call outs gets.

Most of these things has been adressed in the next iteration of LSPDFR (0.3). NOOSE takes longer to respond and there's a thought behind that; it's not like they're hanging around every street corner waiting for a call. 

Regarding the despawning: It's something the game controls and to my knowledge hard to bypass, and bypassing it might cause performance issues. I am sure LMS and Sam are working hard on all issues though. 

SWAT/NOOSE response time is realistic. They do take a while in real life. Remember the 1997 North Hollywood shootout? Listen to the dispatch audio, the cops are BEGGING for SWAT to hurry up and you can hear SWAT tell dispatch they are trying their best to get there. The cops had only their pistols against two guys with automatics. Very scary for them.

imadoofus likes this

Small improvement: I know 3.0 will have different jurisdictions but I'd like to suggest adding another for the parks. It'd be nice when patrolling as a park ranger to call other rangers instead of the sheriff or just add another option that says "Ranger unit" 

PNWParksFan likes this

On 12/24/2015 at 3:52 PM, CheddaJohn said:

SWAT/NOOSE response time is realistic. They do take a while in real life. Remember the 1997 North Hollywood shootout? Listen to the dispatch audio, the cops are BEGGING for SWAT to hurry up and you can hear SWAT tell dispatch they are trying their best to get there. The cops had only their pistols against two guys with automatics. Very scary for them.

On 11/24/2015 at 11:38 PM, ineseri said:

Most of these things has been adressed in the next iteration of LSPDFR (0.3). NOOSE takes longer to respond and there's a thought behind that; it's not like they're hanging around every street corner waiting for a call. 

Regarding the despawning: It's something the game controls and to my knowledge hard to bypass, and bypassing it might cause performance issues. I am sure LMS and Sam are working hard on all issues though. 

Yeah, I guess it is realistic. Had to put some thought into that for me to understand.