johnclark1102

RC20 Error and Polygons Everywhere

So I've been working on a new car but when it was finished it generated the infamous RC20 error and crash to desktop. During trouble shooting, I've been trying to isolate if the problem lies with the car itself or with the equipment I'm putting into the car but I'm nor finding a clear pattern.

The car EXPORTS from zmodeler with no errors, and appears fine in OpenIV. But in game I get the RC20 crash. When I attempt to IMPORT the car back into zmodeler to see what's wrong, there are polygons everywhere, like this: wtf_zpsxdfujicq.png

As part of my trouble shooting, I've tried exporting and re-importing the car without any equipment: no issues at all. I've tried using the same equipment on other car models: no issues at all. But for some reason, the combination of this car and the equipment results in the polygon mess you see above.

I'm assuming that this mess of polygons is what's causing the RC20 error, I just don't know what's causing the mess of polygons because the car exports from zModeler without any error messages and appears correctly in OpenIV.

I thought I'd see if anyone else has encountered this mess of polygons or has any thoughts on where things are getting messed up.

So the typical reasoning behind this mess of polygons is that you have too many polygons on one single object. Such as if you attach all of your equipment to your chassis_L0, then it may be too many polygons for zmodeler to export correctly.

Try seeing if any of your pieces have a large number of polygons in that single mesh, and try to split them up.

Bozza and johnclark1102 like this

On 12/1/2015, 3:41:44, RoegonTV said:

So the typical reasoning behind this mess of polygons is that you have too many polygons on one single object. Such as if you attach all of your equipment to your chassis_L0, then it may be too many polygons for zmodeler to export correctly.

Try seeing if any of your pieces have a large number of polygons in that single mesh, and try to split them up.

That was exactly the problem, thank you!

I had most of the police equipment I added to the car attached together as one object. By splitting the items up into several "misc" parts, the car seems to be much more cooperative now. Learn something new every day...

Thanks again!

RoegonTV likes this