SteelPolice223

How Do You Install Car Textures?

*Sorry if this is the wrong forum to put this topic into,

Anyways, I downloaded this LASD Arjent CVPI from the Greathah, and the model comes with the "Sheriff" textures. I kinda want to replace this model with the regular LSPD cars (You know, the "Police" files), and downloaded an appropriate LAPD texture instead of the original Sheriff textures.  BTW, the texture files were from CaptainSugarFree.

Problem was, they came with PNG files, and I simply don't know where to go from there. - No read me fyi too -, it also came with a "Thumbs.db" file.

Sorry that im such a noob ;/

CaptainSugarFree likes this

Thanks for using my textures! Depending on the vehicle you downloaded them for you go to where the vehicle was installed and then click on the texture dictionary file or .ytd file and you will see the template it already has so just replace it with the new one! 

Also the thumbs.db is nothing, when I convert the file to a .rar it does that for some reason and I dont know how to stop it, I usually go in and delete them but I obviously missed one..sorry. 

Edited by CaptainSugarFree

14 hours ago, CaptainSugarFree said:

Thanks for using my textures! Depending on the vehicle you downloaded them for you go to where the vehicle was installed and then click on the texture dictionary file or .ytd file and you will see the template it already has so just replace it with the new one! 

Also the thumbs.db is nothing, when I convert the file to a .rar it does that for some reason and I dont know how to stop it, I usually go in and delete them but I obviously missed one..sorry. 

Ah! Thanks for your info on that. Just to clarify- Went to where the car was installed, and I hit "Police.ytd". Then from there, do I replace the CVPI sign 1 with your CPI SIGN 1? And yeah, thanks for your textures anyway. They are well done, I just go to install them!

The Picture: Thats currently the model's CVPI_SIGN_1, so I replace that with yours right? Sorry for all this, I just don't wanna go through messing up one of my files.

Screenshot (14).png

1 hour ago, SteelPolice223 said:

Ah! Thanks for your info on that. Just to clarify- Went to where the car was installed, and I hit "Police.ytd". Then from there, do I replace the CVPI sign 1 with your CPI SIGN 1? And yeah, thanks for your textures anyway. They are well done, I just go to install them!

The Picture: Thats currently the model's CVPI_SIGN_1, so I replace that with yours right? Sorry for all this, I just don't wanna go through messing up one of my files.

Screenshot (14).png

Yeah just replace it with mine.. also if the car supports multiple textures and you you want to add one to the car but the texure you want to add is has the same name just change the number to a value that isnt already in the files and then import the texture