OfficerTaylor01

Need to download "Tuneup Utilities" to play?

So I'm trying to automatically download LCPDFR for GTA 4 for the first time on my computer and it won't let me get past this one screen saying I need to download something called "Tuneup Utilities" I looked it up and it looks not good. I don't need it on my computer I have virus stuff on my computer. Is there any way I can get past this so I can play the game?

You should be able to uncheck that, or skip it in some way. You can also use the alternative installer, which does not have advertisements in it.

arighty so here are the screenshots, It does not give me an option to "opt out" of this option to download Tuneup utilities. I manually downloaded the program and just clicked and dragged all the files onto my desktop into a folder so when I play it LCPDFR will play with I hit "alt P" when I'm in GTA. 

Screen Shot 2015-11-22 at 7.00.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-11-22 at 7.00.47 PM.png

Frankly I'm surprised it's even launching. Running our installer in Wine/CrossOver is not exactly behavior we designed for - this is clearly a Wine bug.
You'd have to use the manual installation package.
But even then, I strongly doubt if it will actually work. LCPDFR/AdvancedHook depends on some heavy memory hooking, .NET Framework 4 and Visual Studio 2012 Redistributes (x86).

Let us know! But I highly doubt this will work, you'll probably need to boot Windows natively.

Please note that answers from non-staff members in the Website Problems, Feedback & Suggestions forum may be removed if we find it irrelevant.