fireboy6117

GTA5.exe gone

32 minutes ago, fireboy6117 said:

Its gone and I can't start rage hook does anyone know how to fix this

If you are on steam go into "properties" and find the button that says "verify game cache" It will find anything corrupted or missing and replace them with vanilla versions. If you are on disc you will need to reinstall the entire game.

57 minutes ago, fireboy6117 said:

i tried verify game cache but it didn't added it in I deleted the local game content and  i am currently  reinstalling the game on steam

Wow that sucks... I reinstalled today as well and it took me a good 4 hours.

Always keep a backup copy of GTA5.exe, GTAVLauncher.exe and update.rpf for the eventuality of R* updating the game and preventing you from playing LSPDFR. So if your exe file disappears again, you can copy the file from the backup folder.

37 minutes ago, fireboy6117 said:

can someone post a copy it won't come back after the reinstall

No, that'd be the same as piracy. If you own the gamelicense you already have the file.

Can you show a screenshot of your GTA V directory, as it look right now after reinstall? 

i just deleted it all and trying to get a refund from steam and start from scratch

I am getting it back I shall post my screen shot in the next 1hr

46 minutes ago, fireboy6117 said:

can someone post a copy it won't come back after the reinstall

It probably wouldn't help you. I know someone (totally not talking about me) who tried to use someone elses GTA5.exe and it didn't work. When you try to launch the game it would ask you to write the game key. After you write your game key it will then say it's already been used by someone else. So somehow the game key is automatically linked to the GTA5.exe file that is created when you install the game. That is the case for the Steam version, I don't know if it's the same for the retail version.

Not having the exe file even after the install, I'm starting to suspect that your antivirus might think it's a malicious file and delete it as soon as it's created. Why did it start doing that all of a sudden, I have no idea. But you should check if the file is not quarantined, go to Control Panel ->Windows Defender-> History.