Sign in to follow this  
legionarius

lights through the glass zmodeler

can someone tell me why I can not see the lights of console and laptop through the glass?
the material is a copy of other lights you can see in the pic (vehicle_lightsemissive), and polygons dont have an ID
I have to break the glass to see them
I did a lot of tests, but nothing
I remember the same frustration with zmodeler2, but dont remember the solution :\

Senzanome.thumb.jpg.f92e5683a1070c48783b

1 hour ago, BlackJesus1 said:

Put the lightsemissive material above the vehicle's glass material, in the material browser. 

oh shit, man, now I remember, you saved my pc from a bulldozer run :nuke::wallbash::wallbash: :thumbsup:

On 11/11/2015 at 0:02 PM, Black Jesus said:

Put the lightsemissive material above the vehicle's glass material, in the material browser. 

When I do this with a siren light to fix the emissive material not showing through the siren glass, the lights are on all the time even when the siren is turned off. Just a constant glow. Is there a different trick to fixing this for sirens?

8 hours ago, PNWParksFan said:

When I do this with a siren light to fix the emissive material not showing through the siren glass, the lights are on all the time even when the siren is turned off. Just a constant glow. Is there a different trick to fixing this for sirens?

Did you scale down the sirens 50% percent? And are the sirens properly named?

1 hour ago, Black Jesus said:

Did you scale down the sirens 50% percent? And are the sirens properly named?

Not sure if they're properly named. Haven't made sirens before. I initially had it at the "real" size, and they worked but of course the emissive part was 2x bigger than it should've been. When I scaled it down, it didn't shine through the siren glass. Then I rearranged the materials in the material browser, now it shines through all the time. What's the naming supposed to be?

5 minutes ago, PNWParksFan said:

Not sure if they're properly named. Haven't made sirens before. I initially had it at the "real" size, and they worked but of course the emissive part was 2x bigger than it should've been. When I scaled it down, it didn't shine through the siren glass. Then I rearranged the materials in the material browser, now it shines through all the time. What's the naming supposed to be?

siren#

Follow theHurks guide to make sure you covered everything

4 minutes ago, Black Jesus said:

siren#

Follow theHurks guide to make sure you covered everything

Could you link me to that? Hadn't seen his guide, I'm sure that'll be helpful. Thank you!

The sirens are named siren_18 and siren_19, and the coronas flash properly. When the emissive material was below the glass material they even flashed correctly. Perhaps I have the siren glass part named wrong.

4 minutes ago, PNWParksFan said:

Could you link me to that? Hadn't seen his guide, I'm sure that'll be helpful. Thank you!

The sirens are named siren_18 and siren_19, and the coronas flash properly. When the emissive material was below the glass material they even flashed correctly. Perhaps I have the siren glass part named wrong.

Get rid of the underline, just in case. And are you talking about the material name for the glass? Or do you have breaking glass for the lights on those sirens?