Psssst. We thought it'd be fun to share the winter-defying warmth of our meltingly cute snowman, so we stuck him on a t-shirt!

Want one? You can order this limited edition shirt now at Spreadshirt (US), or Redbubble

manwithNoHead

[REQUEST] Kidnap/Ransom/Murder Mod

I had an idea for a cool mod.

This would work similar to the arrest related mods. You point you gun at someone, they put up their hands and then you cuff them, then they follow you around. Also like the current arrest mods, you can make them kneel or stand (important later). They will follow you into your car, even better if you have a van they will get into the back.

Once you have kidnapped someone, press a key to make a phone call (phone call animation) to demand your ransom (maybe kidnap someone from a rich part of town if you want to make any money from them). Then there may be an agreement made to pay the ransom, which will give you a waypoint to deliver the person to and collect the money. This can either result in a successful exchange or a police ambush. Or there is no agreement to pay, and you either get some Liam Neeson wannabe chasing you down using his particular set of skills, or they just can't/won't pay, in which case you have a body on your hands you can't make any money from and need to get rid of.

Hopefully you just made some nice cash, but if you haven't made the exchange, or maybe you've just escaped a police ambush, now is the time to get rid of your excess cargo.

Drive somewhere quiet and, maybe, release your prisoner.

More likely, put them on their knees and stay true to your word.

Having taken out your victim, you could then press a key to bury the body (if you are in the desert or countryside only), and maybe there is even a burying/digging animation somewhere in the game which could be used for this. The body effectively just dissapears while the buring animation/cutscene is playing. Perhaps you could even mark the grave with a placed item so you know where you buried peope.

That's my idea, what do you think?

Edited by manwithNoHead
SiCK PUPPY and BogdanM like this

I love it! Especially the Liam Nesson part! :))

This could have easily been an official side mission pack for Trevor just like the bounty hunter missions. I don't have the skills to help you out but good idea!

Makan and manwithNoHead like this

17 minutes ago, BogdanM said:

I love it! Especially the Liam Nesson part! :))

This could have easily been an official side mission pack for Trevor just like the bounty hunter missions. I don't have the skills to help you out but good idea!

Thanks.

Some of it I am being a little wishful about, like a burying bodies in the desert feature. But a lot of it already exists in mods or is in principle very simple.

For example, to begin with being able to kidnap someone is effectively the existing arrest function, a few asthetics could be added (like dialog etc) but being able to "arrest" is already possible so that should be easy, including the ability to make someone get on their knees etc.

Beyond that you would need to be able to make the call, - in the "hitman" mod this exists where you make a call animation and then a text pops up with details of the mission, so that part exists already too.

Added with these things you would need just  standard mission marker and you arrive and leave the victim, then you get paid. Or you arrive and are wanted and ambushed by police, But these things are also doable and already exist, I guess made using basic mission makers etc.

Probably my favorite bit is the burying the body though, but that could be done crudely, just make the body disappear or maybe place a (persistent) headstone or little wooden cross or whatever you want. I'm sure somewhere in the game exists an animation or cutscene of someone digging. It would be great to take someone out to the desert to bury them.

In the long term it would be great to be able to kill someone in one place and put them in the boot of a car and drive them out to the desert to bury them. But maybe I'm getting carried away.

I have no real modding skills either, I just hope someone who does will read this and like the idea enough to make it happen!

The grave digging part could work like the coroner in Police Radio mod, which makes the body disappear after the taking photos animation is played and in earlier version it also left a garbage bag where the body was. Also the animations exist, there is a scene in the story where Trevor digs up Michael's grave link

I personally really like the idea of being hunted down not just by the police but also revengeful relatives or hired muscle.

17 minutes ago, BogdanM said:

The grave digging part could work like the coroner in Police Radio mod, which makes the body disappear after the taking photos animation is played and in earlier version it also left a garbage bag where the body was. Also the animations exist, there is a scene in the story where Trevor digs up Michael's grave link

I personally really like the idea of being hunted down not just by the police but also revengeful relatives or hired muscle.

Cool, thanks I thought I remembered seeing a scene like that, so the animation is there.

Yeah being hunted down should be easy too, it's basically like in any other mission when enemies are sent after you.

Another thing I would do is make it so that the meet is at a particular time of day, something like midday, or midnight tomorrow, 12 - 36 hours into the future. Then you would have to hide, and keep away from police (& maybe Liam Neeson & Co) who are patrolling around looking for you. So you would want to drive carefully, take the back roads and find somewhere out of sight. It would be really great to be able to take your victim to a safehouse or something where you could hide until the meet (assuming nobody saw you going there). Also, for extreme players you could even have a need to provide your victim with food etc to keep them alive until the meet.

All the stresses or a real kindapping and ransom sitution! XD