Sign in to follow this  
NandK

How to stop army from chasing player?

Hi everyone, this is my first post!

Right now I'm working on creating sort of a "factions" setup in GTAV, similar to that of the Mercenaries series if you're familiar. One key part of this is preventing the army from pursuing the player when there is a wanted level. But still have the cops function as normal. I was thinking changing the ARMY section and adding "Likes PLAYER" in the relationships file might do this, but didn't do the trick. Does anyone have any idea how this could be done?

Somewhere in a file there's probably the parameters of the ARMY group, along with others, that you'd have to change. I'm going to assume it's in a yet-to-be-decrypted ymt file or similar, or buried in another file no one has messed with.

That's what I'm thinking too. I think we need to be able to edit the peds.ymt file and change the Army peds classification from COPS to something else. Maybe GANG would work since they are still able to initiate combat, but will not pursue or add to a wanted level. Hopefully we'll be able to crack open these ymt files soon.