Cosmo

[WIP] 2006 Hummer H1

Vehicle Conversions  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What type of new vehicles would you like to see converted?

• Military
    • Law Enforcement
    • Fire / EMS
  2. 2. What law enforcement vehicle would you most want to be released Unlocked?

• CVPI
    • Taurus
    • Tahoe
    • Caprice
    • Impala
    • Explorer
    • Bearcat
    • Other? (If so, please comment below what vehicle)

So, I was far into the process of converting a high quality 2010 Ford Taurus, but then a 2012 was released so I figured I should try something else.

So I'm making a military Hummer H1 to replace the Army Jeep that I despise so much.

Here's where I am so far..

6k7wk5S.png

e7QYO6r.png

45IP3Go.png

z7IqC0z.png

The final version will have the same desert camo as the current army jeeps. Possibly will have a gun on top as an extra.

Feel free to comment if you have questions, suggestions, or comments.

Edited by Cosmo
thegreathah and BogdanM like this

Lenco Bearcat pls, I didn't know if you would consider that Military or law enforcement, i know the US NAVY, FBI and US Marshals use them. 

The Spanish National Police and army use a modified H1 called the Vamtac, looks like this

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/30/VAMTAC_UIP.JPG 

if you looking for some influences :)

i wud love los santos lsfd to get some upgrades some new firetrucks or if your goin the police route the bearcat would be awsome

2 hours ago, jordylad1690 said:

i wud love los santos lsfd to get some upgrades some new firetrucks or if your goin the police route the bearcat would be awsome

Well, seeing that most of the 'go-to' police vehicles have been made already (CVPI, Charger, Taurus, etc..) I might make a good firetruck and ambulance.

Bearcat is something I definitely want to do.

And I might still possibly make some law enforcement but most likely release them unlocked, because I've seen quite a few 'go-to' police cars and they've been locked.

17 hours ago, officerAMR said:

Lenco Bearcat pls, I didn't know if you would consider that Military or law enforcement, i know the US NAVY, FBI and US Marshals use them. 

The Spanish National Police and army use a modified H1 called the Vamtac, looks like this

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/30/VAMTAC_UIP.JPG 

if you looking for some influences :)

Let's not forget the LAPD also uses the Bearcat, so it could definitely have a place in the LSPDFR world.

The Romanian Army also uses a few dozen Vamtacs both unarmored and armored. :)

@Cosmo, awesome looking H1 you got there! (should have led with this :D)

Edited by BogdanM

2 hours ago, BogdanM said:

Let's not forget the LAPD also uses the Bearcat, so it could definitely have a place in the LSPDFR world.

The Romanian Army also uses a few dozen Vamtacs both unarmored and armored. :)

@Cosmo, awesome looking H1 you got there! (should have led with this :D)

Ah thanks!

I was planning on making the Hummer to mostly replace the Army Jeeps but I could definitely make a LE version with lights as well.

FanTV likes this

Definitely the Bearcat! Preferably with the Arjent lightbar of course. They're fantastic looking vehicles, and one which isn't likely to be done by others. It's not something most people consider.

LAPD

6895051927_5748ba31de_b.jpg

LASD:

5168997846_e75b8db8c4_b.jpg

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1376/5168997846_e75b8db8c4_b.jpg (Link to the image above)

Edited by SeaHawk14

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-swat-bearcat-model/543607 $25 That's the only link I've found, I reckon it'll be quite hard to find the actual model. Have you considered asking the creator of the model for GTA IV to convert his, or if he could provide the link for where he got the Lenco Bearcat model? 

The author is KevinDV, he's on LCPDFR but he's refused a lot of convert requests for his Arjent lightbar so I'm not sure. Likely he will only give it to trusted modders or friends of his perhaps?

Edited by SeaHawk14

1 hour ago, SeaHawk14 said:

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-swat-bearcat-model/543607 $25 That's the only link I've found, I reckon it'll be quite hard to find the actual model. Have you considered asking the creator of the model for GTA IV to convert his, or if he could provide the link for where he got the Lenco Bearcat model? 

The author is KevinDV, he's on LCPDFR but he's refused a lot of convert requests for his Arjent lightbar so I'm not sure. Likely he will only give it to trusted modders or friends of his perhaps?

I did ask yesterday actually, but I have received no response, so for right now, it's a no.

But I think I can edit the shape of the one I currently have to make it look more like a bearcat.

I think the one you have now looks fairly close! It looks very cool and with some creative editing I'm sure you could get the shape correct.

5 minutes ago, thegreathah said:

I think the one you have now looks fairly close! It looks very cool and with some creative editing I'm sure you could get the shape correct.

Thanks! I'm thinking I'll have to make the front windows a little bigger, make the hood shorter, and change the steps slightly.

thegreathah likes this

19 hours ago, Cosmo said:

So I haven't been able to obtain an actual Bearcat yet (If anyone knows a game or place that has one, pm me) but I found something that is a knockoff that I think could work with some tweaking.

What do you guys think @SeaHawk14 @BogdanM @officerAMR ?

Hmm, I really can't think of any game that has an accurate Bearcat model, there are some armored SWAT trucks in games like BF:Hardline or Saints Row 3 but they are quite different from the real thing. The model you've shown us looks really nice and since we are talking about the LSPD here, there's no rule that says it has to be 100% accurate, I think that model would be a perfect replacement for the Police Riot van.