Wilco062

Need help with police cars extras

Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the appropriate section for this post, correct me if I'm wrong !

I just installed F5544's CVPI and I noticed cars spawn with random extras. So some cars are slicktop, others aren't, etc... 

I would want to change that, so all cars spawning share the same configuration, more or less.

My question is, how do you edit an extra/option to make sure they don't spawn with/without this specific extra ? (ex: I don't want slicktops spawning anymore.)

Thanks in advance,

Wilco

Untitled.png

Go into the vehicles.meta and add/edit the following on the CVPI's entry.

<flags>FLAG_HAS_LIVERY FLAG_EXTRAS_REQUIRE FLAG_EXTRAS_STRONG FLAG_LAW_ENFORCEMENT FLAG_EMERGENCY_SERVICE FLAG_NO_RESPRAY FLAG_DONT_SPAWN_IN_CARGEN FLAG_REPORT_CRIME_IF_STANDING_ON</flags>
      <type>VEHICLE_TYPE_CAR</type>
      <plateType>VPT_FRONT_AND_BACK_PLATES</plateType>
      <dashboardType>VDT_GENTAXI</dashboardType>
      <vehicleClass>VC_EMERGENCY</vehicleClass>
      <wheelType>VWT_MUSCLE</wheelType>
      <trailers />
      <additionalTrailers />
      <drivers>
        <Item>
          <driverName>S_M_Y_Cop_01</driverName>
          <npcName />
        </Item>
      </drivers>
      <extraIncludes />
      <doorsWithCollisionWhenClosed />
      <driveableDoors />
      <bumpersNeedToCollideWithMap value="false" />
      <needsRopeTexture value="false" />
      <requiredExtras>EXTRA_1 EXTRA_2</requiredExtras>
      <rewards>

Note that this was originally intended for F5544's Dual Lightbar models, so you'll likely need to change it to only EXTRA_1 or 2 depending on which it is.

Wilco062 likes this

Thanks for replying,

I did what you said, though, cars still spawn with random extras,

I made sure all vehicles.meta including the car were edited...

EDIT : I want all cars to spawn naturally with extra 1 (4 lights in back) and extra 2 (lightbar), so I entered it like so :

<requiredExtras>EXTRA_1 EXTRA_2</requiredExtras>  sounds correct ?

Untitled.png

Edited by Wilco062

2 hours ago, Wilco062 said:

Thanks for replying,

I did what you said, though, cars still spawn with random extras,

I made sure all vehicles.meta including the car were edited...

EDIT : I want all cars to spawn naturally with extra 1 (4 lights in back) and extra 2 (lightbar), so I entered it like so :

<requiredExtras>EXTRA_1 EXTRA_2</requiredExtras>  sounds correct ?

I believe what's happening here is that the <requiredExtras> line actually only picks 1 of the 2 at random, it won't spawn both at the same time (And this is likely why this was intended for use on the dual lightbar models), there's a line for it to add every extra, but that would cause you to have 2 push bars at once. So unless there's a line that I don't know of (And there very well could be), you'll have to choose one or the other.

Sorry, hopefully someone else can chime in on this and help you out.

Wilco062 likes this

23 hours ago, MoreTextures said:

I believe what's happening here is that the <requiredExtras> line actually only picks 1 of the 2 at random, it won't spawn both at the same time (And this is likely why this was intended for use on the dual lightbar models), there's a line for it to add every extra, but that would cause you to have 2 push bars at once. So unless there's a line that I don't know of (And there very well could be), you'll have to choose one or the other.

Sorry, hopefully someone else can chime in on this and help you out.

That would make a lot of sense since I never saw a car spawn with those two extras at the same time.

Thanks for helping ! I'll search around to check how to put multiple requirements on multiple extras...

Wilco

EDIT : What would the line <extraIncludes /> do exactly ?

Edited by Wilco062

55 minutes ago, Wilco062 said:

EDIT : What would the line <extraIncludes /> do exactly ?

I'm actually not familiar with that line, I'll have to test that one out right now. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

Edit: Sadly, entering <extraIncludes>EXTRA_1 EXTRA_2</extraIncludes> had no effect what so ever. But I'll let you know if I find an alternative or the proper way to use it if that's the case, as it may require enabling a flag that I don't know the name of for it to operate.

Edited by MoreTextures

A bit of a necro post so I apologize but I am having a similar issue. I took Lundy's Highway polara and placed it in the undercover slot of police 4. But now it spawns with no light bar a portion of the time. These are the flags for it.

<flags>FLAG_HAS_LIVERY EXTRAS_ALL  FLAG_EXTRAS_REQUIRE FLAG_EXTRAS_STRONG FLAG_LAW_ENFORCEMENT FLAG_EMERGENCY_SERVICE FLAG_NO_RESPRAY FLAG_DONT_SPAWN_IN_CARGEN
FLAG_REPORT_CRIME_IF_STANDING_ON</flags>

I know I fixed this a long while back but cannot remember how. I do know it was related to the flags though. Any help or insight would be appreciated it. 

On 1/21/2016 at 0:18 AM, ODSTGeneral said:

*snip*

(Sorry for a bit of a late reply here.)

You want to find the <requiredExtras> line shortly after the <flags> entry and add the "EXTRA" number in it. Also make sure you have FLAG_EXTRAS_REQUIRE in your flags in case.

Example from police[1]:

<flags>FLAG_EXTRAS_REQUIRE [Etc.]</flags>
      <type>VEHICLE_TYPE_CAR</type>
      <plateType>VPT_FRONT_AND_BACK_PLATES</plateType>
      <dashboardType>VDT_GENTAXI</dashboardType>
      <vehicleClass>VC_EMERGENCY</vehicleClass>
      <wheelType>VWT_MUSCLE</wheelType>
      <trailers />
      <additionalTrailers />
      <drivers>
        <Item>
          <driverName>S_M_Y_Cop_01</driverName>
          <npcName />
        </Item>
      </drivers>
      <extraIncludes />
      <doorsWithCollisionWhenClosed />
      <driveableDoors />
      <bumpersNeedToCollideWithMap value="false" />
      <needsRopeTexture value="false" />
      <requiredExtras>EXTRA_1</requiredExtras>

While I don't know what extra it is for the Polara it's likely #1 or 2, so you'll have to go through trial and error or find the number through the vehicle components menu in something like the Simple Trainer.

If you ever have multiple lightbars on a vehicle you can also use <requiredExtras>EXTRA_1 EXTRA_2</requiredExtras> (Numbers not standing) and the game will pick one of the two to use when it's spawned.

Note that using the Required Extras method causes the game to not spawn any of the other not specified extras at random, so you'll only see the lightbar extra and nothing else during spawning I believe.

11 minutes ago, victoriousV11 said:

anyone found yet how to have two permanent extras as desmonds FPIU used two separated Mirror lights and only on or the other seems to spawn??

I'm pretty sure he has how to fix that in the Readme.

48 minutes ago, Slendis said:

I'm pretty sure he has how to fix that in the Readme.

yeah he does but i guess the fix doesn't work as only one light either left or right spawns permanentl.  not both of them spawn simultaneously

31 minutes ago, victoriousV11 said:

yeah he does but i guess the fix doesn't work as only one light either left or right spawns permanentl.  not both of them spawn simultaneously

Well they do for me soooo

well i spoke with the author and the read me instructions was not correct/clear sooooo..... thanks for helping me, even though you didnt:thumbsup:

5 hours ago, Slendis said:

Well they do for me soooo

well i spoke with the author and the read me instructions was not correct/clear sooooo..... thanks for helping me, even though you didnt:thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, victoriousV11 said:

Hah, no problem i guess :woot: