FinKone

[WIP][REL][UPDATED 08/AUG/2015] Police Radio [Tow, Coroner, PlateChecker, Pit Request, Tackle Suspect... and probably more...]

I can't wait to see this updated for 0.1e; these are some excellent additions to LSPDFR!

It already works fine with 0.1e - they've just changed a few things that forced me away from d.  I just need to get my testers to move over also.  :D  

When things like this happen - I just get nervous and want to recheck all logic and stuff to make sure nothing got broken thats all.  Didn't slow anything down.  Just makes me nervous for no reason what so ever. :D

So far its working just the same with e as it did with d - I just have to make sure if I do have a d user, that I compile it using the 20th JUN 2015 SDK, and for e the 23rd JUN 2015 SDK.

FCV96, Mr.JonnhyCZG and Ashkarn like this

It already works fine with 0.1e - they've just changed a few things that forced me away from d.  I just need to get my testers to move over also.  :D  

When things like this happen - I just get nervous and want to recheck all logic and stuff to make sure nothing got broken thats all.  Didn't slow anything down.  Just makes me nervous for no reason what so ever. :D

So far its working just the same with e as it did with d - I just have to make sure if I do have a d user, that I compile it using the 20th JUN 2015 SDK, and for e the 23rd JUN 2015 SDK.

That's great news!  I can't tell you how useful that tackle function is going to be, as well as how awesome it will be to have the other features activated.

This looks great! Ever need another tester please let me know. Your mods always have a lot of attention to detail, thanks for you work man.

Never fails to impress. Good work, FinKone! I know I'm looking forward to seeing more good stuff from you. I salute you, my good sir.

great work Fin, now all we need is the frisk animations which no one can find lol

Even if there isn't one in... I think someone said there is over... 36K animations or something crazy like that... people are already finding ways to import/export them.

This looks great! Ever need another tester please let me know. Your mods always have a lot of attention to detail, thanks for you work man.

Np - that is what takes the most time.  The Coroners still need to be given extra details and so forth once on scene.  Can't wait to add that.  Takes time to sift all the animations and audio though... thats what takes the longest sometimes I think.

Never fails to impress. Good work, FinKone! I know I'm looking forward to seeing more good stuff from you. I salute you, my good sir.

Thanks for the support man.  Not sure when it will be ready but its coming along.

Mr.JonnhyCZG, Kire and Ashkarn like this

Really good by the looks of it! Video is not working here or on youtube tho :( so cant see it in action. Keep up the good work man!

If like maybe add the ability to stand (if not open) your patrol car trunk to maybe access stuff like another armor vest, ammo, or maybe extinguisher. Just a thought this looks excellent already, figure it would just be icing on the cake lol. 

Mr.JonnhyCZG likes this

Being able to see and test this from what it was originally (a plate checker) to what it is now has been an amazing experience. we have nailed down quite a few intense bugs and things seem to run much more fluid now. I think all of you who are still waiting will enjoy this!

Also, please remember that no date has been set as FinKone prefers his work to be as bug free and user friendly as possible.

Hatreyu and MrFr33 like this

Being able to see and test this from what it was originally (a plate checker) to what it is now has been an amazing experience. we have nailed down quite a few intense bugs and things seem to run much more fluid now. I think all of you who are still waiting will enjoy this!

Also, please remember that no date has been set as FinKone prefers his work to be as bug free and user friendly as possible.

Exciting! Thanks for the update on progress. It's sweet tools like this that's going to make a world of difference. 

First off - and I don't mean this in a negative way, I mean this in a stop filling my messages with the same message way - You cannot test it.  If I want more testers, need more testers, I'll ask.  I simply can't respond to all these "I promise I'll test it and never give it away" messages.  There are code thieves out there, and until a proper obfuscation is found - I won't be publishing or giving it to untrusted sources.  I totally understand why LMS/Sam operate the way they do now.

We are slowly approaching a good phase.  Currently I need to add some improves to the spawning mechanic, add some more null-ref checks for for people/vehicles.  Then I'll be adding additional options to Coroner, Tow (realistic/unrealistic) in the INI - the first being they spawn far and take time to get there, the second behind the plop down right onto it.   

Believe it or not, by popular demand controller support is in and its all editable in the INI file now as well.  Some options remain keyboard ONLY because they are not time sensitive and the controller just has limited options, but with that said, the INI in itself is growing into a little beastly thing that requires a good read.

I'll be adding randomized tow truck types, and even additional options (does he get out and take info, or not) and so forth, all which can be set and explained in the INI file, also most likely some motorcycle handling, or I'll rewrite the transportion method to defeat a lot of un-needed model checking, I'll be adding EVERYTHING that is currently in the current tow-truck mod thats out there, and more.  Tow trucks can now be spawn'ed in heavy amounts, without issue however.  They work on their own fiber, and have independent protection and logic.

Coroner now reliably collects all dead bodies within a certain area, and has protection to stop the user from getting into dangerous code.  Null ref protection still needs some padding here and there, but I'm finding these odd things as I go.  I still want to add animations/camera/flash - so if you know the location of CAMERA ITEMS, of PICTURE TAKING ANIMATIONS - throw me a line.  This saves me time.

Pit request is being slightly improved, while reliable, and works well - the logic needs to be improved for letting people get a successful pit.  This will improve as the testers keep voicing their demanding opinions.

Tackle Time is done in its most basic form.  I will be expanding on this in the future - I don't want to say what it currently is, but I really really look forward to making this a solid mechanic.  I'll also be adding a small speed boost to players using Police Radio so they can catch the mythical track runners, known as criminals of Los Santos.

CPR (yup... you heard right), CPR is implemented and about... 40% complete?  If the person dies, it ties out easy.  If they live I'm debating what route I need to take, in terms of giving the player the ability to either call EMS, or how I should handle it from there.... hmm.  We'll see.

Plate Checker is gold as always, I keep meaning to add model color, expand on names, and so forth - but honestly I'm waiting on the LSPDFR API I think before I do that, because LSPDFR is going to have Ped Names that are in its system, meaning even if I make that list bigger, its all for nothnig.  I want my mod to tie directly into LSPDFR, meaning if you pull over a driver, get his license with LSPDFR, I want his warrant status / name to tie into Plate Checker, or its just bogus software.

Barriers have been improved - vehicles not in a panic state will stop for them, rather then go into on-coming lanes.  However... if everyone is spook'd, good luck to you.

What else...?  ... Sure I missed something.  That sit for now guys.  

Man you had me interested at first sight of the radio pop up. After watching a lot of your videos (tackle makes me smile everytime btw , it's great lol) this is really going to be something great. Your videos are quite entertaining and your ragehook ones got me wanting to try coding again, you make it all seem so simple lol. 

First off - and I don't mean this in a negative way, I mean this in a stop filling my messages with the same message way - You cannot test it.  If I want more testers, need more testers, I'll ask.  I simply can't respond to all these "I promise I'll test it and never give it away" messages.  There are code thieves out there, and until a proper obfuscation is found - I won't be publishing or giving it to untrusted sources.  I totally understand why LMS/Sam operate the way they do now.

We are slowly approaching a good phase.  Currently I need to add some improves to the spawning mechanic, add some more null-ref checks for for people/vehicles.  Then I'll be adding additional options to Coroner, Tow (realistic/unrealistic) in the INI - the first being they spawn far and take time to get there, the second behind the plop down right onto it.   

Believe it or not, by popular demand controller support is in and its all editable in the INI file now as well.  Some options remain keyboard ONLY because they are not time sensitive and the controller just has limited options, but with that said, the INI in itself is growing into a little beastly thing that requires a good read.

I'll be adding randomized tow truck types, and even additional options (does he get out and take info, or not) and so forth, all which can be set and explained in the INI file, also most likely some motorcycle handling, or I'll rewrite the transportion method to defeat a lot of un-needed model checking, I'll be adding EVERYTHING that is currently in the current tow-truck mod thats out there, and more.  Tow trucks can now be spawn'ed in heavy amounts, without issue however.  They work on their own fiber, and have independent protection and logic.

Coroner now reliably collects all dead bodies within a certain area, and has protection to stop the user from getting into dangerous code.  Null ref protection still needs some padding here and there, but I'm finding these odd things as I go.  I still want to add animations/camera/flash - so if you know the location of CAMERA ITEMS, of PICTURE TAKING ANIMATIONS - throw me a line.  This saves me time.

Pit request is being slightly improved, while reliable, and works well - the logic needs to be improved for letting people get a successful pit.  This will improve as the testers keep voicing their demanding opinions.

Tackle Time is done in its most basic form.  I will be expanding on this in the future - I don't want to say what it currently is, but I really really look forward to making this a solid mechanic.  I'll also be adding a small speed boost to players using Police Radio so they can catch the mythical track runners, known as criminals of Los Santos.

CPR (yup... you heard right), CPR is implemented and about... 40% complete?  If the person dies, it ties out easy.  If they live I'm debating what route I need to take, in terms of giving the player the ability to either call EMS, or how I should handle it from there.... hmm.  We'll see.

Plate Checker is gold as always, I keep meaning to add model color, expand on names, and so forth - but honestly I'm waiting on the LSPDFR API I think before I do that, because LSPDFR is going to have Ped Names that are in its system, meaning even if I make that list bigger, its all for nothnig.  I want my mod to tie directly into LSPDFR, meaning if you pull over a driver, get his license with LSPDFR, I want his warrant status / name to tie into Plate Checker, or its just bogus software.

Barriers have been improved - vehicles not in a panic state will stop for them, rather then go into on-coming lanes.  However... if everyone is spook'd, good luck to you.

What else...?  ... Sure I missed something.  That sit for now guys.  

You should not have post it and got the community hyped about it, if you weren't planning on releasing it... It is great work your doing but by putting up media about it and not allowing users to use it, its kind of mocking us... Also, I didn't know people were messaging you asking to test it, that part is annoying but don't rant about it, if you got a really good addon everyone is desperate to try. 

P.S: I also subscribed to the channel for updates!

Regards,

Austin

Edited by Austin_Martin