[API][WIP/REL] Callouts+ - Additional LCPDFR API Callouts

HI Man Please Release Date? :)

The future :)

No but seriously the script is in it's very early stages and is riddled with little bugs which annoy me greatly.

I will post a release date once the following criteria below is met:

- At least 5 unique working callouts

- Removed all serious bugs

- Has gone through testing and is approved by a team of highly trained monkeys...I mean forum users :)

At a total guess, if I carry on working on the script at my current work rate, I would say middle of february? Maybe?

Sorry I can't really be specific, I may release an alpha for you all to mess with at some stage.

Live Streaming daily from 8pm GMT (UK) at https://twitch.tv/OfficialLukeD - I play a variety of things 😄

Join my official discord server for support, general chat and my stream schedule! https://discord.gg/Mddj7PQ

If it is possible to alter the locations where the callouts occur, I'd like to see some located in the housing projects at the Northern end of Algonquin. [The buildings are inside of the red-outlined areas of the attached Algonquin map.]

Edited by FCV96

The future :)

No but seriously the script is in it's very early stages and is riddled with little bugs which annoy me greatly.

I will post a release date once the following criteria below is met:

- At least 5 unique working callouts

- Removed all serious bugs

- Has gone through testing and is approved by a team of highly trained monkeys...I mean forum users :)

At a total guess, if I carry on working on the script at my current work rate, I would say middle of february? Maybe?

Sorry I can't really be specific, I may release an alpha for you all to mess with at some stage.

Take your time LukeD, I'm sure a lot of us appreciate quality over quantity. Thank you for these!

burg alarm ? - theres hundreds of little businesses that we can respond to. " investigate area " could pop up. we can frisk a subject outside the shop or check his ID. if we find something arrest or nothing send him on his way. OR upon arrival no one is in the area " area is clear " - just an idea

UPSTATE NEW YORK
 CORRECTIONS OFFICER

burg alarm ? - theres hundreds of little businesses that we can respond to. " investigate area " could pop up. we can frisk a subject outside the shop or check his ID. if we find something arrest or nothing send him on his way. OR upon arrival no one is in the area " area is clear " - just an idea

Cn I advise you and any other people who comment after this to view the "Suggested Features" list on the OP before suggesting more? 

Reason I say this is because both of your suggestions are already here, burg alarms are "location theft's" and "investigate area" is already in the works.

Looking forward to see more traffic accidents, that is something i've been missing in the original mod :)

Don't hold your breath waiting for them will you, you'll die lol.

the RTC's don't work properly right now and I am exploring every possible method to get them to look reasonable.

HOWEVER everyone, I am currently postponing development :(

The reason is I was writing a new callout today, had got the main aspects done and was about to test the callout in game, my GTA IV crashed within 5 seconds of spawning me in the safehouse.

I am going to have to figure out why it is suddenly doing this as it was fine before and I have changed nothing.

Once I have figured it out I will resume coding :)

EDIT: I have reverted back to my clean backup of GTA IV, so can resume testing and coding, however don't expect any nice ENB screenshots anymore because I can't be bothered to reinstall all of that yet.

Edited by LukeD

Live Streaming daily from 8pm GMT (UK) at https://twitch.tv/OfficialLukeD - I play a variety of things 😄

Join my official discord server for support, general chat and my stream schedule! https://discord.gg/Mddj7PQ

Don't hold your breath waiting for them will you, you'll die lol.

the RTC's don't work properly right now and I am exploring every possible method to get them to look reasonable.

Haha :) allright! I won't hold my breath! But i will toss a coin in the wishing well, just to be sure you can do it :)

Firstyminator

I don't see how it's not compatible. All it does is show up, pick up the car, and leave.

It crashes a lot, when I call for the tow truck my whole game freeze for a while. Sometimes everything works out and the game continues, other times game crash to desktop.

It crashes a lot, when I call for the tow truck my whole game freeze for a while. Sometimes everything works out and the game continues, other times game crash to desktop.

It's in beta get used to it.

Also EVERYONE go debate the VDH mods elsewhere please.

This thread is for the discussion of the Callouts+ mod, if you want to add suggestions or your opinions great, but debating the compatibility of another mod when this one isn't even out yet is pointless.

If you want to discuss compatibility of other mods or it's ability to not crash or whatever, take it to their threads please.

Thank you.

It's in beta get used to it.

Also EVERYONE go debate the VDH mods elsewhere please.

This thread is for the discussion of the Callouts+ mod, if you want to add suggestions or your opinions great, but debating the compatibility of another mod when this one isn't even out yet is pointless.

If you want to discuss compatibility of other mods or it's ability to not crash or whatever, take it to their threads please.

Thank you.

While I understand the frustration, please don't tell people what to do. It's valid to wonder about compatibility; the posts in this thread aren't really a "debate" about anything, they're a handful of people wondering about whether this might be incompatible with a commonly-used mod.

I think LukeD needs to focus on the API issues itself right now, maybe not yet ready & useful to waste time (at the moment) in other mods compatibility (as it seems the API is crashing itself)

By the way: keep on and take your time! There's no need to rush =)

While I understand the frustration, please don't tell people what to do. It's valid to wonder about compatibility; the posts in this thread aren't really a "debate" about anything, they're a handful of people wondering about whether this might be incompatible with a commonly-used mod.

You are right, I did try to make it a polite request but reading it back now I can see it was more of an instruction that a polite request, I do sincerely apologies for that. Spending 2 hours travelling into university and back to spend an hour learning how to make a linkedin profile obviously wound me up. (And no I'm not joking, that was an hour and a half of my life I will never get back)

Quick update for people, I nearly had a heart attack earlier because I went to load up my project and the code references were all missing, didn't occur to me the reinstall of LCPDFR changed the file path. I still have my code.

In terms of callouts I have 4 working ones which are in a state to be released but could do with some enhancing of the features. There is 1 callout postponed until I can rethink it, and 1 which is working but not the way I would like so will be revisited. I will work on enhancing current features and bug fixing for the next week or so before adding new callouts.

Once I have 5 working ones ready I will let out a controlled sample of the mod (in other words a hand picked testing team) to make sure it runs ok for others with different spec PC's and different gta iv set up's.

Hopefully that isn't too much of a tease for you waiting :)

Quick update for people, I nearly had a heart attack earlier because I went to load up my project and the code references were all missing, didn't occur to me the reinstall of LCPDFR changed the file path. I still have my code.

This probably wouldn't help with that particular issue, but if you want to avoid one common cause of near-heart-attacks, use version control religiously if you don't already. Trust me when I say that if you don't, you will eventually find yourself screwed over and wishing you had.

This probably wouldn't help with that particular issue, but if you want to avoid one common cause of near-heart-attacks, use version control religiously if you don't already. Trust me when I say that if you don't, you will eventually find yourself screwed over and wishing you had.

Yeah I do. I also find keeping a backup helps. Fortunately I'm a sucker for forgetting to empty the recycling bin :P

consider my lesson learnt lol

Something I've always wanted is boat patrols. I don't know coding, but maybe it'd be possible for this script to recognise at which point you are in a boat, and then give you callouts that send you offshore in search of smugglers, illegal immigrants and such. That'd be cool.

And just to build on the terrorism idea, you could maybe try a hijacked train situation, sort of like Pelham 123, and the train would be stopped in one of the underground railroads until you negotiate with the hijacker. Any sort of hijacking would be a fun situation to deal with!

I'd recommend against doing any water based things at the moment.  LCPDFR doesn't have any support for boats or anything happening on the water, and it would probably cause a few problems.  I hope to introduce support for that in the next version though.

"You tell me exactly what you want, and I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be."

I'd recommend against doing any water based things at the moment.  LCPDFR doesn't have any support for boats or anything happening on the water, and it would probably cause a few problems.  I hope to introduce support for that in the next version though.

There's going to be a next version!?