How to properly uninstall LCPDFR?

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi everyone,

with 0.91 being the current version, the 0.95 Beta also around and the final 0.95 due to arrive in the beginning of August, it seems there is some major version swapping coming up for me :biggrin:

Since most applications run smoother when their predecessors have been uninstalled properly, and I couldn't find a tutorial how to do so exactly, I figured I could just ask.

So, what files do I need to remove to completely uninstall any version of the mod? (I figured out all by myself that it might be useful to remove the LCPDFR folder in "scripts" :tongue: )

The is some thread around here that two .dll files need to be removed when uninstalling 0.95 Beta - are these all additional files that I should remove, so that for 0.91 I just delete the folder, and for the Beta the folder and these two files?

Now I am aware that there is no Beta support, but I figured that this question is something more general since I'm asking for an unistall guide to all versions.

Thanks in advance!

Posted

If you plan on upgrading your game version, just install the new one over it. If you want to uninstall the mod, you got to delete the LCPD:FR stuff in the scripts folder and AdvancedHook.dll in the GTA IV root.

Posted

If you plan on upgrading your game version, just install the new one over it. If you want to uninstall the mod, you got to delete the LCPD:FR stuff in the scripts folder and AdvancedHook.dll in the GTA IV root.

Thanks a lot!

Posted

what if i want to install 0.91 over 0.95?

Posted

Then I think you could also just install 0.91 without uninstalling 0.95

Just installing it over the other, but i'm not sure.

Posted

Theres lua libraries which doesn't get overwritten/deleted, shouldn't do much, but I would still recommend cleaning up before hand.

Posted

Hey Guys,

i want to know how to uninstall the LCPD First Response 0.95 RC 1? Because of the installer I don't know which files are from the mod...

Thanks for your help

Posted (edited)

Hey Guys,

i want to know how to uninstall the LCPD First Response 0.95 RC 1? Because of the installer I don't know which files are from the mod...

Thanks for your help

If you want to uninstall the mod, you got to delete the LCPD:FR stuff in the scripts folder and AdvancedHook.dll in the GTA IV root.

That includes stuff marked "first response" in scripts as well as LCPDFR labeled items.

Edited by Molten

Posted

u can install 0.91 over 0.95rc1 and beta, i did and 0.91 runs fine...well fine if u dont count all the bugs...lol

i would really like to have 0.95rc1 working on 1.0.4, i am using scripthook 0.4.0.0 and am using scripthookdotnet.asi 1.7.1.7 (the beta one that ur suppose to use for 1.0.4)

i can load the script and press alt-p to start lcpdfr but when i try to enter the police station the game crashes...is the new advancedhook and scripts not compatible with 1.0.4??

Posted (edited)

LCPDFR doesn't work with 1.0.4.0 at all.

Edited by Iconography

Posted

I only got my game yesterday and installed lcpdfr 095 while the game was installing now i cant even play the game because it says gta iv fatal error:dd3d50. can someone help asap :confused:

Posted

Please make a new forum thread.