NicolaiB

Announcing ELS V7 (UPDATE 02/05)

444 posts in this topic

Really excited to see the release of this mod. The new patters are great and the amount of customization and settings will make things even better!

Favorite part about this, the fact that the people who arent testing, are trying to tell the people that are testing; how good the mod is... without even being on the testing team..

In his latest ELS test video at 5:00 mins in what did he say about Sam's other similar ELSh mod or something?  What is that?

In his latest ELS test video at 5:00 mins in what did he say about Sam's other similar ELSh mod or something?  What is that?

That if people didn't like ELS because of the door bug they should look into ELS-H.

He said he will try to get a copy of ELS-DN to test as soon as he can and that it looks good.

Edited by RTZVI

so we lost the X lighting patterns?

I was really looking forward to some of those patterns fixed up a bit :(

All the pattern designations have been changed. The old system divided patterns according to what they generally were (so A was left-right-left-right, B was out-in, etc.) The new system has the letter represent the type of lighting. Old X patterns will likely be E patterns now (I think most old patterns are now E patterns, actually).

FCV96 likes this

That if people didn't like ELS because of the door bug they should look into ELS-H.

He said he will try to get a copy of ELS-H to test as soon as he can and that it looks good.

It's actually ELS.net, Sam elaborates on it here:

It's actually ELS.net, Sam elaborates on it here:

Sorry, I meant to say ELS-DN

so we lost the X lighting patterns?

I was really looking forward to some of those patterns fixed up a bit :(

They arent lost... the only difference is that in v7 all the primary patterns are under one letter - E, which now holds approx 80 patterns. Which is better imo as all you have to remember about a specific pattern you like is the number... so its easier/faster to find. If you look closely in the latest vid the old X patterns are ranged from E-35 through E-39. (all the old A, B, C, D, E and X patterns are in the same order, just named differently)

All the pattern designations have been changed. The old system divided patterns according to what they generally were (so A was left-right-left-right, B was out-in, etc.) The new system has the letter represent the type of lighting. Old X patterns will likely be E patterns now (I think most old patterns are now E patterns, actually).

from what I saw in the newest video that went through all the patterns, the equivalent of X-01 isn't included...but I could be wrong

only the release will tell :)

They arent lost... the only difference is that in v7 all the primary patterns are under one letter - E, which now holds approx 80 patterns. Which is better imo as all you have to remember about a specific pattern you like is the number... so its easier/faster to find. If you look closely in the latest vid the old X patterns are ranged from E-35 through E-39. (all the old A, B, C, D, E and X patterns are in the same order, just named differently)

looks like you nailed it!

Edited by dbk21894

Has anyone heard if els.net and version 7 will be compatible?  Cuz the EVCS mod wouldnt work for the life of me with els and i wouldnt mind some cars with bullet holes all in it during a pursuit.

Has anyone heard if els.net and version 7 will be compatible? Cuz the EVCS mod wouldnt work for the life of me with els and i wouldnt mind some cars with bullet holes all in it during a pursuit.

Els7 will be all the same with v6. Just improvements and such. We will not worry about the big stuff until the release.

Els7 will be all the same with v6. Just improvements and such. We will not worry about the big stuff until the release.

It's so cool, that you are an expert in what ELSv7 is and what not, even though you're not even a betatester. -.-'

I hope this version doesn't make my game crash like the last version. Fantastic work though, and much appreaciated.  

Edited by popcop45

^ if you would of read the thread you would of known that this is not going to crash your game

I have not experienced a single ELS crash, it is as stable as running default cars and no ELS.

will this new ELS will we be able to put on other cars like feroci2 or something other then police fire and ambulance slots, but in multiplayer everyone hear sirens rather then just the horn?

hey quote me if someone nows but how do i chang the colors of the vehicles?

hey quote me if someone nows but how do i chang the colors of the vehicles?

Like Break already told you... "Ugh... Read the documentation."

Like Break already told you... "Ugh... Read the documentation."

i did i dont now how, please help....

i did i dont now how, please help....

You don't know what? How to read a file?

You don't know what? How to read a file?

i dont now how to change the lights from red red to red blue were do i change it in the .ini or what

i dont now how to change the lights from red red to red blue were do i change it in the .ini or what

There's an 18 page pdf included with the download! It explains the mod in EVERY aspect. You have NO excuse to ask for this over and over and over again, unless you wanna tell us, that you can't read. Just go read the god damn pdf and you will see how to do it.

So I know now since we have the release we have all moved over to the download page, but Im hoping this is still alive for some technical tips.  My biggest question is does the new ELS7 work with XP?  Im getting a weird error: "GTAIV.exe - Entry Point Not Found - The procedure entry point EnumSystemLocalesEx could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll"

I did some google searching and it looks like something having to do with XP compatibility.  Can someone confirm this?

Second question is would ELS7 work on patch 1.0.4.0? 

Since it has been released, I want to mention to everyone that ELS version 7 is the most stable ELS version released so far... I enjoyed playing with it the whole day. I didnt crash because of ELS at all...I managed to run AI ELS with no problems at all... Calling for backup is no problem .... amazing ......