The final countdown.

Now here! Take a look at the second and final LSPDFR trailer.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

YT Partnership Offer

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hey guys, 

I recently got a message from a company called "Zoomin.TV" offering to partner my YouTube channel. I've never heard of this company before so I was very skeptical. I checked out their website and channel and they seemed legit but I'm honestly not sure if I should take the offer or not, it seems a little too good and I don't want to get screwed over. 

I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about this company because I did a Google search and read through some forums but the posters on them weren't sure if it was too good to be true or not either. 

Here's the original message I received, I removed the website links to not break the ToS :)

You've got a very nice channel and we love what you are doing with it. Because you are focused on video games (just like us) we 'd like to invite you to apply for a partnership with our fast growing Youtube network.

When you are partnered with Zoomin.TV - Games (that's us!) you will earn more money than you do with just AdSense. The CPM (=dollars per 1000 views) is between 3 and 10 dollars, depending on the type of advertisement. Our CPM is not set in stone, but flexible.When we do good, you do good.

More information about why partnering with Zoomin.TV - Games is a good idea can be found on our website: *website*

And you can apply on that same website by filling out this form *website*

Thank you for your time,

Edited by SharpCommand

Posted

I've been offered many "partnerships" with these companies before and rejected every single one.

If you're planning to make money from youtube, stay solo. These companies will take a huge share of your earnings, if they are anything like machinia they'll have stupidly strict rules and can remove you from their company in a heartbeat but still keep your videos to gain views.

Stay with Youtube as a partner, its what I've done and although I'm not big enough to be making money just yet, its the best way to go imo. All those companies do is get you noticed.

Illusionary likes this

Posted

Thanks for the quick response Harper, I'll take your advice and stick with YouTube.

Once again, thanks for the advice.  :thumbsup:

Posted

I have been contacted by several "networks" offering me a  "partnership" with them, I investigate  each message, all of which were sent from channels that were trying to appear as either the official channel or as a subchannel for the network.

I have recieved two from "TGN", here's both messages in full:

Hello, I am Shane and I am a TGN Content Outreach Recruiter. I'd like to offer you a TGN Partnership,

but first I'd like to give you a little background information. Whilst I'm confident that you will have heard of TGN,
I'm unsure as to whether you're aware of the changes we're going through. The old TGN is no more, we're heading in a new,
focused direction with a massive focus on being the best network available for our partners. With a new leader,
TGN is once again becoming the premier YouTube network for YouTubers such as you and me. We currently offer a pay-out plan of 60% of what BBTV earns.
That's one of the highest payment rates offered! We can do this because we are financially funded by Broadband TV,
the company behind many of your favourite YouTube channels. Here's the deal on the partnership I'm willing to offer you.
TGN will pay you money in return for you displaying a few advertisements on your videos.
This includes access to all of you YouTube partnership features, such as a banner, high-res background,
thumbnail and watch-page icon. We've got a brand new support system which utilises Zendesk, putting our support on par with the best in the world.
We aim to be able to actively support and promote your channel in mutual growth, as we are a community of gamers.
Whilst I'd love to include all the reasons why TGN is an amazing network to become part of,
there are simply too many for me to be able to include them all here and now! This is not an automated message,
I've personally found your channel on my daily search of YouTube and think that you'd be a brilliant candidate to join TGN.
I'll need to have a text conversation with you on Skype, but if that is not possible, email works too.
I'm happy to take any questions via email and Skype, but YouTube messages are a bit too clunky for all the official business!
You can find my contact information below, and I look forward to having a chat with you about how we can get you enrolled into TGN!
Thanks for your time, I hope you're as excited as I am! - Shane *REMOVED*

Email: *REMOVED*
Sent to: NBVideoGameVids

I received that yesterday.

Hi, I came across your YouTube Channel today and wanted to reach out to introduce myself. First off, my name's Logan and I am a Recruiter for the TGN Network as well as a huge fan on Twitch.

I work for a company called TGN (www.tgn.tv). We work with some of the top channels on YouTube and would love to talk about partnering with you. We help channels better manage, monetize and optimize their content to increase CPMs, impressions, and subscribers.

I am part of the Scouting team here at TGN, and noticed your channel on was unpartnered. If you're interested in partnering your channel through our Network, feel free to contact me! The best way to contact me would be via Skype. My Skype name is: *REMOVED*

It would be great if we could discuss partnering your channel further with you!

Looking forward to hearing back.

Kind Regards,

*REMOVED*
TGN Trial Outreach Recruiter
TGN Gaming Communities Inc.
TGN.TV

Email: *REMOVED*

I checked with their "TGN recruiters page" both are not on that list.

I also received one from Zoomin.tv:

Hello nbvideogamevids,

You've got a very nice channel and we love what you are doing with it. Because you are focused on video games (just like us) we 'd like to invite you to apply for a partnership with our fast growing Youtube network.

When you are partnered with Zoomin.TV - Games (that's us!) you will earn more money than you do with just AdSense. The CPM (=dollars per 1000 views) is between 3 and 10 dollars, depending on the type of advertisement. Our CPM is not set in stone, but flexible.When we do good, you do good.

More information about why partnering with Zoomin.TV - Games is a good idea can be found on our website: http://www.zoomin.tv/site/index.cfm/action/partner-youtube/section/why

And you can apply on that same website by filling out this form http://www.zoomin.tv/site/index.cfm/action/partner-youtube/section/step-by-step

Thank you for your time,

Best,

*Removed*
Zoomin.TV - Games

Zoomin.TV doesn't even apprear to be a gaming network or anything of the sort, it's a Dutch video sharing site.

Real networks will keep a record of anyone who they contact with offers, it will always be possible to verify this by contacting the real network.

There's two types of "fake" networks, the type as shown in the TGN messages where they appear as being from a large network, and the ones like zoomin.tv where they attempt to trick you into believing them.

Some of these are are credible than other, the first TGN message had a gmail address listed as well as a very strange Skype name, the second TGN message had the name he used as a skype name and his first name followed by @tgn.tv.

Their objective is to take money from you, they want a cut of your adense money, they will usually entice you by saying that you will get MORE than you would via adsense, this is simply not true, big networks such as machinima and the real TGN.tv will take a cut of your adense money, meaning you will make less than by partnering directly with YouTube, however the networks will grant you monetization licenses for all games out there.

Why would they send you an invitation, but still require you to fill out a normal application?

Don't trust anything that aren't sent from the official channels, and always attempt to verify their story before replying back.

You can always apply on one of the official websites or by partnering with YouTube directly.

Double Doppler and Illusionary like this

Posted

Thanks for clearing that up NB. That's really good to know since I'm not savvy when it comes to "partnerships" via YouTube and such. You guys have been a big help, I really appreciate it. 

I'll look around and try and find some official channels to partner with later in time once I get a bit bigger. I'm still quite a small channel atm.

Thanks again. :)

Posted

A word of advice, YouTube are notorious for being hard with punishments, gaming videos are essentially a grey area, game companies hold power to shut down channels that have used  footage from their games, they do not have to present proof to YouTube itself, you're at the mercy of the company who created  the game once a video is flagged in the Content ID system, YouTube operates by a "three strikes" policy and it will be very hard to get a partnership with with YouTube or though partnership networks.

Your channel is shut down if you get three strikes, you can still access the backend, but all your videos will be gone and your channel inaccessible, this can happen as a result of the company flagging three videos for copyright infringement and issuing you with a strike for each, this can happen from one moment to the next, you will most likely be required to hire a solicitor and take the company to court if you wish to regain access to your channel.

Posted

Partnerships: We'll take all of your AdSense revenue, and other revenue, and we'll only give you a percentage!

It always ends in disaster. It's happened for a lot of big channels (e.g. RayWilliamJohnson) and most of them are now run by themselves.

Harper likes this

Posted

My advice: Do it not. And what @Jay says: "It always ends in disaster.". I know how it is.