About This File
ELS-IV V8.5 is the latest update to one of the most popular mods ever created for a GTA title - enhancing all forms of emergency lighting in GTA IV.
− ELS is a ".ASI" script mod.
− ELS will only work correctly when used with ELS-enabled vehicles.
− ELS V8 uses new powerful features made possible by the AdvancedHook Library System, created by LMS--read his blog article about it here.
− Please consult the ELS User Guide and other documentation provided prior to use.
− ELS V8.0 VCFs are compatible with ELS V8.5, however, in order to take advantage of some new features, slight adjustments are required.
− ELS V7.0 vehicle configuration files (VCFs) are not completely compatible with ELS V8.5. Aconversion guide is provided in the documentation.
− Always keep your AdvancedHook.dll up to date. If you already have a more recent version of the file installed, do not replace it with the one contained in the ELS download.
− You may need to download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redist. Package (found here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=5555).
− You may need to download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redist. for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 (found here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=30679).
− (The following issues have been cataloged during testing and are under watch. Updates will be made once permanent solutions are discovered.)
− The ELS lights on AI vehicles may sometimes be slow to turn off; increasing the values of the ClearRandAiExtrasXX options may help mitigate this issue.
− In multiplayer, the session host may be unable to see the ELS lights of other players' vehicles past a certain distance.
− In multiplayer, there is an issue where the user will hear a random ELS "beep" sound and this will be followed by a crash.
− In multipalyer, repairing the vehicle may cause the user's ELS lights to de-synchronize; setting the system to LSTG3 and back to 0 once or twice should correct this issue.
CREDITS AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
− ELS is coded by Lt.Caine.
− LMS, for his powerful AdvancedHook, the amazing features of which (including the vehicle damage system) ELS depends upon, in addition to his valued assistance with AdvancedHook, numerous contributions to the ELS code, his persistence with regard to the vehicle damage issue, and his very generous and invaluable work pertaining to ELS debugging and crash prevention;
− Sam, for his valued assistance and contributions to the ELS code, his powerful and professional public relations skills and work on behalf of ELS, as well as his persistent desire to lend a helping hand;
− PoliceWag, for his expert feedback, suggestions, and extremely dedicated help and patience, particularly in testing MP compatibility—he is the inspiration and motivation for ELS’ online features, and he worked tirelessly to ensure that these were up to standard;
− BxBugs123, for his dedicated help, feedback, and constant innovation with regard to ELS vehicle models (particularly the DRO lighting types).
− NicolaiB, for his unrelenting help and support throughout the testing process and, of course, for his awesome videos;
− Break, for his advice regarding German lighting patterns, his countless suggestions, and his instrumental assistance in weeding out issues;
− cp702, for his valued assistance in weeding out issues and, without whose persistence, ELS would not have supported added vehicle slots;
− Aru, AlexanderBlade, and HazardX, without whom coding for GTAIV would be impossible; and,
− the ELS users, who ultimately provide the motivation necessary to take upon such endeavors.
− The ELS testing team consisted of (in alphabetical order, except lead): PoliceWag (lead), bosco154, Break, BxBugs123, cp702, James, kjel0112, Mag292, NicolaiB, Sam, and SnH FireFighter.
What's New in Version V8.5 (R-001)
- MINOR FIXES.
- NOTE: IF UPDATING FROM V8.5 R-000 TO V8.5 R-001, ONLY ELS.ASI NEEDS TO BE REPLACED. IF UPDATING FROM V8.0, ALL FILES MUST BE REPLACED.
- WARNING: MINOR UPDATE TO VEHICLE CONFIGURATION FILES (8.0 TO 8.5) MAY BE NEEDED, SEE DOCUMENTATION FOR DETAILS.
- PROBLEM WITH PRML AND FORCED PATTERNS ADDRESSED.
- DROT PRML TYPE REBRANDED DRO1 ("DROT" SPELLING WILL STILL BE ACCEPTED BY ELS 8.5).
- ADDED NW PRML TYPE: DRO2 (SEE AVAILABLE DOCUMENTATION).
- ADDED NEW PRML TYPE: DRO3(SEE AVAILABLE DOCUMENTATION).
- FIXED ENVIRONMENT LIGHTING ISSUE THAT WOULD SOMETIMES ARISE WHEN USING SBRN SECL TYPE.
- UPDATED SEVERAL PATTERNS ACROSS ALL TIERS AND TYPES.
- REPLACED AND EXPANDED CORONA OPTIONS AVAILABLE IN VCF.
- ADDED NEW CONTROLS TO BROWSE CORONA PATTERNS IN-GAME (ALT+1 TO ALT+5 WHILE INFO. PANEL IS OPEN).
- UPDATED CORONA HEADLIGHT ENVIRONMENT LIGHTS.
- ADDED NEW CORONA PATTERNS.
- CORONA COLORS CAN NOW BE CHANGED.
- FIXED ISSUE WHERE DISABLING SECL AT LSTG3 WOULD RESULT IN THEM REMAINING ON AND STEADY ON AI VEHICLES.
- ADDED NEW PARKING LIGHTS OPTION: USE CTRL+0 (BY DEFAULT) TO ACTIVATE ALL VEHICLE INDICATOR LIGHTS (STEADY).
- SLIGHTLY REDUCED INTENSITY/VISIBILITY OF CORONA PATTERNS DURING THE DAY.
- FIXED ISSUE WHEREBY AI VEHICLE SIRENS WOULD REMAIN ON WHEN THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE.
- FIXED ISSUES RELATED TO AI USING DRO TYPE PRML TYPES.
- ADDED ADDITIONAL CRASH PROTECTIONS AND VARIOUS STABILITY FIXES.