About This File
-- [GTA V] Los Santos Fire Department, Engine Apparatus Rejuvenated ( Fictional design )
CURRENT VERSION : V 1.0.0 9/26/2016 --
About this modification :
- A re-designed texture mapping for the vanilla fire truck, the new changes will help amplify firefighter safety at the scene and during response driving.
- Cleaned up the chrome/metallic look on the Pump panel, ladder frame, and couplers.
- Re-colored pump connectors,
- New roller shutters texture, in red,
- Whelen light textures
- Hi-Visibility chevron stripes.
- Bright red engine body, not LSFD or LAFD lore friendly.
- Custom Whelen carcol light patterns.
( VIDEO DOES NOT SHOW CURRENT SKIN VERSION )
BONUS FILES :
- Motorola Astro Spectra Siren - The siren famously used by the Los Angeles Fire Department. Wail & Yelp only.
- G-Xtreme Firefighting PPE - Re-textured firefighters with realistic brands seen in real world. This is not LAFD/LSFD lore friendly.
Before starting, always make sure to create backups before overwriting any original game files. To prevent this from happening, use the "mod" folder method through OpenIV.
To install the firetruck :
With OpenIV, go to MODS > UPDATE > X64 > DLCPACKS > PATCHDAY8NG > DLC.RPF > X64 > LEVELS > GTA5 > VEHICLES.RPF and drag all four firetruck files from the mod into this path.
To install the custom Carcol file :
IMPORTANT CALLOUT - THE CARCOL CONTAINS TWO DIFFERENT CUSTOM FLASH PATTERNS USED BY WHELEN ENGINEERING. THE PATTERNS WILL BE VISIBLE ON SIREN SETTINGS 1, 2, FIRETRUCK AND AMBULANCE. THE POLICE BIKE IS STILL WIP SO YOU WILL NOTICE MISSING LIGHTS. IF YOU ARE USING BXBUGS LIGHTSETTING, YOU WILL SEE BLUE/BLUE LIGHTS IN THIS ONE. IT DEPENDS ON WHAT MODELS YOU HAVE INSTALLED, SOMETIMES IT WILL LOOK GREAT, OTHER TIMES IT MIGHT LOOK CLUSTERED. MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR CARCOL FILE BEFORE USING MINE, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !
With OpenIV, go to MODS > UPDATE > UPDATE.RPF > X64 > DATA and drag the carcol file in this path.
To install the siren tones :
- Somewhere on your desktop, create a new folder ( or refer to your modded siren folder that contains the vehicle.oac.) Name it anything.
- Open 'OpenIV'
- In 'OpenIV', go to the 'x64' folder, then audio > sfx > resident.rpf ( Make sure you are using the "mod" folder method.)
- Inside Resident.rpf should be 16 .awc files.
- Click Edit
- Right click on vehicles.awc and export to openformats somewhere on your desktop. ( If you already have a siren mod installed, just use the vehicle folder it came with.)
- Drag all the Motorola Astro siren tones inside the vehicles folder that you just created.
- Go back to OpenIV, go to the 'x64' folder, then audio > sfx > resident.rpf
- CLICK EDIT - NEW - Import OpenFormats
- Navigate to the folder you put the 'vehicles' folder and the 'vehicles.oac' into, and select the modded 'Vehicles.oac'. Proceed to click OK.
- Enjoy your new Motorola Siren tones !
To Install the firefighter PPE :
Place the S_M_Y_FIREMAN_01.YTD in the following dictionary path using OPENIV :
UPDATE > x64 > DLCPACKS > PATCHDAY10NG > DLC.RPF > X64 > MODELS > CDIMAGES > PATCHDAY10NG > S_M_Y_FIREMAN_01.YTD
You may use this mod as long as you follow these terms:
• Don't redistribute without my permission.
• Don't edit any file and redistribute it without my permission.
• I am not responsible for any damage that may be caused to your PC or game directory during a) the installation b) usage or c) removal of this mod. You are responsible for backing up your files!
• If you want to include this mod in a pack, please contact me. Clan and private packs are an exception, as long as they stay 'private'. Correct credits must be given at ALL times.
- Firetruck - Rockstar Games
- UV Mapped Firetruck - GlitchGamer
- fire_sign_1, firetruck_detail and firetruck_lights edited by Gravelroadcop
- Motorola - Original Siren Tones.
- Sirens edited and optimized by Gravelroadcop.
- G-Xtreme Firefighting gear edited by Gravelroadcop