About This File
ALPR+ is a plugin that I have been thinking about for a while now, but just never got around to writing it. After publishing major updates for both Code 3 Callouts and LSPDFR Computer+, I now have had some more time to devote to this.
ALPR+ is intended to model a real life ALPR (automated license plate recognition) system used by many police departments across the United States, as well as in Canada and other countries around the world. There are many different types of systems out there, and I must admit, I am not really familiar with the intricacies of any of them. However, I've done my best to make this plugin as realistic as possible.
The concept of ALPR+ was inspired by the Realistic ANPR plugin by Danielle. However, due to unknown reasons, Danielle has not been able to update Realistic ANPR in quite some time. It is quite unfortunate, as she did some great work on that plugin, and worked hard to make it as realistic as it was. I hope that I'm able to do the same with ALPR+. Like I said, I am not familiar with ALPR systems at all, and I've obviously had to develop ALPR+ from scratch.
ALPR+ is a plugin that I am quite proud of, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed developing it!!
- Inspired by the Realistic ANPR plugin by Danielle
- Realistic detection logic which takes various factors into consideration, including vehicle distance, angle, line of sight, camera field of view, etc
When alerts are triggered, the player only receives information that the ALPR system would know
- You don't get a blip on your map! The only information you receive is the vehicle model, color, which camera triggered the alert, and the license plate
- Configuration file with customizable camera settings (for advanced users only; default values are highly recommended)
Eight different types of ALPR alerts, each with it's own potential probability weight
- Stolen Vehicle
- Outstanding Warrant
- Suspended Driver's License
- Expired Driver's License
- Vehicle Registration Expired
- Vehicle Not Registered
- Vehicle Insurance Expired
- No Vehicle Insurance
- ALPR system automatically disables itself during traffic stops or pursuits, and re-enables them when the situation is Code 4
Integration with LSPDFR API
- NOTE: ALPR+ does change some vehicle and ped records; LSPDFR natively generates a lot of peds with outstanding warrants, or expired/suspended licenses
- Sound notifications when alerts are triggered
- Integration with Traffic Policer API (optional feature)
- Set (or clear) either a pre-defined or custom flag on a specific vehicle
- Events that are triggered when an event is either generated, or displayed
- Get the ALPR flag for a specific vehicle
- Get a list of ALPR results for the current session
What's New in Version 1.0.2
- Long overdue release, I know...
- Fixed the bug where the plugin turns itself on after traffic stops and pursuits
- Improved alert logic, so not every 3rd vehicle throws up an alert