About This File
2011 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Development Resource
I have never been truly satisfied with Crown Victoria modifications for Grand Theft Auto IV and V, so I set out to make a new standard in the modding community.
I present to you, the "new" 2011 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor! A highly accurate and fully functional representation of the car for GTA V!... And it is an open development resource!
Most development resources of the CVPI for GTA IV, GTA V, etc, are pretty good; however, they are very inconsistent with one another. Whether it be how the lights look, the model quality, the textures, or how the model functions.
This model takes the best from CVPI models, along with brand new components I have worked on, and puts them all into one! - Forming a near photorealistic 2011 CVPI for your use.
Features & Fixes
- Full level of detail modeling (LOD), including L0, L1, L2, L3, L4
- Photorealistic headlights, tail lights, turn signals, dash lighting
- Frame retexture and texture fixes
- Door hinge alignment for proper opening and closing
- Driver's door re-alignment to fix minor offset from original conversion
- Accurate dashboard trim & colors
- Accurate interior cloth seats
- Accurate dark grey/black floor
- Accurate steering wheel
- Full, custom collisions
- Breakable windows
- Color changeable body panels, indlucing under the hood and trunk (most miss this feature)
- Custom dirt mapping
- 3D engine model (with the 2004 engine cover)
- Accurate side trim for the 2011 model year
I would like to thank the following individuals for their work that has contributed to this development resource:
- Murphy - Lead developer, part modifications, custom modeled components, testing, UV mapping, features & fixes
- Original Light - CVPI expertise, modeling contributions, BETA tester
- Lundy - Door handles, CVPI expertise, CVPI parts from his models, mod tester
- Yard1 - Encouragement, support, and modding techniques
- Netman - Encouragement & support
- Cj24 - Publisher of the original model for IV & template, including headlight modifications & misc changes from F5544's release
- KevinDV - Work on the original model & grille
- Ubisoft - Driver: San Francisco Ford Crown Victoria parts, including base model & first person interior
- BxBugs123 - Headlight textures & expertise
- OfficerUnderwood - CVPI parts from his DEV resource, mainly the headlights, grille, dash
- F5544 - Initial GTA IV conversion
- Schaefft - Some interior components and initial seat model that was modified into 2011 variant
Things to know
- If you use this resource, please credit those mentioned in the credits, as well as Murphy.
- When looking backwards, the camera looks through the headrests.
- Gauges are inaccurately calibrated. This cannot be fixed in the GTA V game engine yet.
- Rear door cards are not 100% accurate. The upper portion is slightly off.
- Engine model is not 100% accurate. - May be improved in a future update.
- Do not reupload this resource without permission from Murphy
Thank you for downloading this resource. I hope that you use this in your future modifications, as well as refer this to other mod creators in order to improve the quality of all CVPI mods.
Check out these other DEV resources!
What's New in Version 1.7
PLEASE NOTE: Some screenshots on this download page may not accurately represent the latest version of this development resource. Please view the download files in Zmodeler 3 for an accurate representation.
- Missing textures in archive added - Minor update 1.6.2
- CVPI paintjob/livery template fixed
- Rear brake light sizing adjusted properly
- Passenger door key lock added
- Door mirrors color adjusted to match black plastic pieces on the car
- Interior door trim door handles changed to standard interior grey
- Door trim changed to proper 2011 CVPI trim
- Climate control texture adjusted
- Driver's door re-alignment for precision
- Door hinge adjustment for realistic opening & closing
- Dials glitch fixed by removing script_rt_dials_cvpi.dds and script_rt_dials_gen_taxi.dds from police.ytd
- Gaps in interior fixed
- Interior trim placement fixed
- Trunk release button area retextured
- Trunk release button modified
- Inner fender split from chassis and attached to wing_lf and wing_rf
- Seat texture error fixed
- Headrest glitch removed
- Reverse light External_ID reset
- Fixed CV_Detail texture
- Glass crash bug reported and fixed
- Fixed material issue
- Fixed alignment of passenger side wheel
- Fixed inside-out door handle