About This File
After a month of development, Custom Backup is finally here!
Custom backup gives you a new level of control in LSPDFR. The key feature of this mod is regionally customized backup, allowing you to set a different response for any area on the map. For any named area of the game (like "Rockford Hills", "Los Santos International Airport", "Sandy Shores", etc.) you can completely customize every level of response just like the built-in backup.xml. The syntax of the CustomBackup.xml file is very similar to the built-in backup.xml, but has numerous additions to increase your control over the game:
- Set a chance for anything! Peds, vehicles, and vehiclesets now all take a chance attribute which controls how likely they are to be chosen. (The built-in backup.xml only lets you set a chance on peds.)
- Configure vehicle extras, liveries, and colors! You can now set any color you want for any response vehicle, opening up a whole new level of customization for unmarked units. Vehicle extra configuration also works reliably, whereas it seems to have some issues in the built-in backup.xml.
- Cop weapon selection! Set a list of weapons to give your backup units, set the probability for each weapon, and decide whether you want them to pick one at random or always get the most powerful one.
- Set spawn distance range for each vehicle entry! Every vehicle entry can have a minimum and maximum spawn distance set. This allows for additional realism by making certain units spawn closer or further away. NOOSE SWAT probably isn't just hanging out around the corner, so make them drive in from a mile away. On top of Mt. Chiliad your backup will probably be coming from a long distance, but in Downtown there's probably local patrol units very near by. Your imagination is the limit for leveraging these settings.
- Code 2 response with lights! Let's be honest, how often do cops really respond "code 2" with no lights? You can now configure your Code 2 units to respond with lights (but no siren), or to respond with their lights off but turn them on once they arrive and park on scene. YouTube video demo.
- Integration with Better EMS: Download and install Better EMS, and you can call for an advanced EMS response through the Custom Backup menu.
- Integration with Police Smart Radio: Call for backup from your radio! Call Code 2 or Code 3 local backup, or Pursuit and Air Support units.
Installation instructions are included in the download. Basic installation is pretty easy; just make sure to choose a CustomBackup.xml file to use and put it in place. Advanced usage of the CustomBackup.xml file is explained in great detail in the documentation PDF.
INSTRUCTIONS TO OVERRIDE DEFAULT LSPDFR BACKUP MENU:
To completely disable the built-in LSPDFR backup menu and use the custom menu instead, follow these instructions.
Edit CustomBackupLocations.ini. Set these settings:
- Go to the GTA V settings menu
- Under Keybindings, go to GTA Online section
- Change "Look At" from B to something you don't use, like the numpad period
Thank you to @vladimir850 for figuring this out!
PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SUPPORT IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE DOCUMENTATION PDF! THERE ARE EXPLICIT INSTRUCTIONS IN THE PDF ON WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE!
- RPH 0.45+ (compiled for 0.51)
- LSPDFR 0.3.1
- RageNativeUI 1.4.1
Please post suggestions, support requests, etc in the forum thread:
To share your CustomBackup.xml or get ideas on what customizations to make, visit the sharing thread:
Special thanks to everybody who made this mod possible:
- The LSPDFR team, especially Sam and LMS
All contributors to the LSPDFR-API examples on Github:
- Alexguirre, Albo1125, LMS, Stealth22, Stray, LtFlash, and LukeD
- Everybody who helped answer questions about the API and development on the forums, especially @Albo1125 and @alexguirre
- The original beta testing team for this mod:
SPECIAL THANK YOU to members of the Parks Benefactor Program who have supported my mod development! Their generous donations have helped to make continued updates to my modifications possible. Particular thanks to the Old Faithful donors who have supported me with noteworthy donations: Kilyin, anters, Sergeant Anderson, winglesschip, Dsonke1, and PolGuin255. You can join the Parks Benefactor Program by donating to support my mods, and to get early beta access to new modifications and updates to my existing modifications.
What's New in Version 3.3
New in 3.3:
- Updated for RPH 0.51 (recommended); compatible with RPH 0.45+
- Integration with Police Smart Radio (call Code 2, Code 3, Pursuit, and Air Support backup from Smart Radio)
- Compatible with Better EMS 3.0
- Assorted bug fixes and API enhancements
New in 3.2:
- Updated for RPH 0.45 and newer
- Minor bugfixes
- Compatibility with Better EMS 2.1 and ParksTools updates
- New API methods added for developers
New in 3.1:
- Updated for RPH 0.42
- Added integration with LSPDFR+ statistics
- Improved dependency checking
New in 3.0.0:
- Updated for RPH 0.39. Compatible with RPH 0.38.
- Integrated with Better EMS - call advanced EMS response from the backup menu.
- Added support for vehicle mods: Configure spoilers, bumpers, wheels, etc.
- Improved detection of XML file errors to reduce support issues.
- Improved developer API, giving developers access to full response capabilities.
Fixed in 2.2.1:
- Fixed bug in ParksTools.dll causing some vehicles to spawn all black.
- Fixed bug where calling for suspect transport when no suspect is arrested did not display a notification to the user.
- Updated dependency check to expect RPH 0.38. Plugin still loads with older versions but is not guaranteed to work and is not tested.
New in 2.2.0:
- Added support for spawning boats as backup units, and added Coast Guard to additional backup entries in stock CustomBackup.xml.
- Added support for GTA V RGBA color hashes in color definitions of XML file.
- Added support for ped texture variants in XML file, and improved detection and compatibility of ped texture changes.
- If officers are more than 30m from you when they arrive on scene, they will just wander the area instead of running to you. Prevents them from running all around the map if you call backup and then move.
- Split some common functionality for other mods in development into separate ParksTools.dll
- Lots of internal code cleanup
- Updated for RageNativeUI 1.3.1 and RPH 0.37+.
New in 2.0.1:
- Fixed a minor bug where dependency version check fails if file doesn't exist at all
New in 2.0.0:
- Added ability to define custom backup menu entries, letting you add any unit type you want.
- Added "additional options" menu to prevent main backup menu from getting too crowded.
- Added support for sending custom prisoner transport unit depending on location using the Arrest Manager API by Albo1125.
- Added developer API.
- Improved code for dismissing backup units.
- Added dependency check for RageNativeUI, RagePluginHook, and LSPDFR.
- Lots of bug fixes and code cleanup.
- Compiled against RPH 0.37