About This File
No more derbies between cops while in pursuit.
So, I have grow tired of seeing people being afraid of calling police Backup because the NPC Cops drive too aggresively. This the result of my frustration.
This script attempts to make chases safer, for both you as well as the suspect, by slowing down police vehicles on certain circumstances, like when you're recovering from a crash and another cop car passes by, or you're near the suspect.
RAGEHOOK/LSPDFR VERSION RELEASED.
Special thanks to Guadmaz, who took the time to port the script for me and helped me finetune it.
Delete the original .NET version from your game!
- NPC Cops won't ram the suspects ever again. Despite that statement, you can disable this behavior this mid-pursuit if you change your mind. If you hit the suspect's vehicle yourself, NPC Cops will take it as a sign that the suspect is to be stopped by all means, and will resume HOT COP ACTION behind the suspect like this script never happened. You will be immersively notified of this change on their behavior.
- NPC Cops will slow down when passing by you, preventing cop-to-player crashes this way. If they're directly behind you, they will brake harder to make sure they don't rear-end you. They ignore you if your vehicle is stopped, however.
- NPC Cops will allow the player to be the primary unit when he's close to the suspect, leaving some space between them and the suspect's vehicle. They will take primary position again if the player falls too far behind.
- NPC Cops can now yield to you. Simply honk and all nearby units will slow down.
- NPC Cops will now try to manage traffic better. They overtake more carefully and brake to avoid running over running pedestrians or crashing into slow-moving vehicles. They even take into account other police vehicles!
I consider this script resource intensive.
If you experience noticeable frame drops, disable some of the features in the .ini file to lighten the load on the CPU.
You can change multiple settings inside "SaferChases.ini" to tune the script's behavior to your likings.
- Finetune how fast cops can pass by you [speed in KM/H]
- Allow Primary Unit support [enable/disable]
- Prevent the NPC cops from ramming the suspects[enable/disable]
- Allow the NPC cops to try and manage traffic better [enable/disable]
- Allow the player to force other units to yield to him [enable/disable]
- Debug notifications [enable/disable]
Place "SaferChasesRPH.dll" and "SaferChases.ini" inside the \Grand Theft Auto V\Plugins\LSPDFR\ folder.
How to use
The script should start working automatically. You don't have to do anything.
The script will load its settings from the .ini again for any new pursuits you join, so feel free to tweak it mid-game.
Plans for future updates
- Experiment on more, better ways to approach the issue this script adresses.
Port the script to RageHook if it people like itDone.
Let the player toggle the Ram Suspect feature while ingame, mid-pursuit.Done.
Let the player make other police vehicles yield, so you don't have to fight for a position in a pursuit.Done.
- If you experience any kind of crash and you think Safer Chases has something to do with it, upload the RagePluginHook.log file you will find inside your main GTAV folder, detailing the situation you and the suspects where when it crashed.
Don't consider this a polished script, but a "cheap" workaround to a frustrating problem until better options are available.
What's New in Version 1.5
- Updated for LSPD:FR 0.3.1.
- Improved code optimization, hopefully by a lot.
- You can now undo PIT authorization by honking near the suspect's vehicle.
- Removed Primary Unit notifications, as I saw they were confusing people. The cops still allow primary if you're near the suspect.